Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas boiler supplied and fitted price

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 quinner58

Had a man in to quote me Changing from oil to gas from Homegrade Ltd.
    He went around house and quoted me a full change over and applied for the SEAI grant.
    will pay the Bordgais gas link from road (€249) He stated all the things that a new system can give , a much much better efficacy etc. an all-in price of €5,150 (also a MagnaCleanse RapidFlush and filter on all rads ) The grant ( SEAI) is worth € 610 which brings it down to €3930
    I am total new to this so what do you think
    Thanks

quinner58 wrote: »
    He went around house and quoted me a full change over and applied for the SEAI grant.
    will pay the Bordgais gas link from road (€249) He stated all the things that a new system can give , a much much better efficacy etc. an all-in price of €5,150 (also a MagnaCleanse RapidFlush and filter on all rads ) The grant ( SEAI) is worth € 610 which brings it down to €3930
    Thanks

I would get a few quotes, as over the internet it's can be hard to have a opinion without seeing a job. The boiler make, warranty and where's the local service guy are important so it's worth finding out or checking back here to get a idea of what your being offered in way of a boiler.

A local RGI may be a good place to start, to find a good RGI you could ask around your friends for referrals or talk to local merchant as they have an idea who's good or bad.

Also if you could start a new thread for any further question as this thread is two years old and has a argument in it involving two grumpy gas fitters:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

quinner58 wrote: »
    Thanks

Careful where it says rapidflush filter on rads. Make sure the price is including a powerflush first, then fit the filter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Agree with all above.
    It's impossible to know how complex the job is with out seeing it. Get more than one quote and take recommendations into account.

Also not to have the system power flushed at this point would be crazy if anything it will eliminate any doubt that there is in relation to a dirty system.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Why not ask a few of the gents here who is on your area to quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 smigs

Hi, speaking of quotes, I have an inquiry about a complete installation. I am in the process of putting in an entire new gas heating system. Have contacted Bord Gais Networks and they'll bring the gas in (25 meters).

House is 2,000 sq ft. Requires all piping to be fitted, 12 new rads around the house, 3 zones along with a 4th for hot water, new 900 external tank with 3.5 bar booster pump (external).

Also requires a 30 KW boiler, 300 litre triple coil Cylinder, hot press being relocated up one floor. It will be connected to a stove and possible future solar system.

Can anyone provide a ball park/very rough estimate for such a job? Cheers.

smigs wrote: »
    Hi, speaking of quotes, I have an inquiry about a complete installation. I am in the process of putting in an entire new gas heating system. Have contacted Bord Gais Networks and they'll bring the gas in (25 meters).

House is 2,000 sq ft. Requires all piping to be fitted, 12 new rads around the house, 3 zones along with a 4th for hot water, new 900 external tank with 3.5 bar booster pump (external).

Also requires a 30 KW boiler, 300 litre triple coil Cylinder, hot press being relocated up one floor. It will be connected to a stove and possible future solar system.

Can anyone provide a ball park/very rough estimate for such a job? Cheers.

Hard to say without seeing but could be between €6000/€8000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

i would say you would be doing well to get that for 8k

gdavis wrote: »
    i would say you would be doing well to get that for 8k

True, But hard to say without seeing it.

It's like when someone corners you on the phone for an estimate, I'm alway's wrong in reality :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

oh ive left myself in the sh1te a few times doing that johnnie

• Registered Users Posts: 7 smigs

JohnnieK and Gdavis - much appreciate the replies. Had a guy have a look and he said I'd be looking at 10K+ but, as you say, it's impossible to tell without a walk through. It's a retro fit on a 120-year-old house so it's probably more awkward than a new/recent build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Looking for a quote to go from Oil to Gas.
    Its in Celbridge.
    would be looking for 2 or maybe 3 rads to be changed from single to double.
    Its a 3bed semi with 6 single rads and 2 doubles at the moment.

Thanks

Advertisement