Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneer confirmation letter

• 23-10-2012 3:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Anyone have a sample letter of the above for a standard residence as ive sale agreed on a property recently but im not sure about the confirmation. Anyone have any I could compare it to? Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

So you've put an offer on a house and the offer was acceppted?

pay your deposit, get a receipt, then get your solicters on the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Get the bank valuation report done, this will get the EA off your back.. If you dealt with a broker they can confirm loan approval to the EA for you. If you dealt directly with a bank they probably won't but you can ask them to give you a letter which simply states 'This is to confirm that Mr/Ms X has secured mortgage approval to purchase (insert address) for the agreed price of €x'.

I think once the valuer contacts the EA to arrange access the confirmation of approval will be waived...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

No I disagree. Don't pay for anything yet. The seller might pull out of the deal or anything might happen. You don't need the Bank valuation until requested by your mortgage people. If you have paid the refundable booking deposit to the estate agent you don't need any more confirmation than that. The estate agent should send you out a letter with your names and the names of the sellers and this letter also goes to your solicitor. You can also request the estate agent to remove the house listing from DAFT or wherever it is advertised.
    Not sure what confirmation you are talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

sadie9 wrote: »
    No I disagree. Don't pay for anything yet. The seller might pull out of the deal or anything might happen. You don't need the Bank valuation until requested by your mortgage people.

It's impossible for a buyer to protect themselves against losing the cost of the valuation fee as the seller can pull out right up until they sign the contracts and only sign them after the purchaser has. In order for the purchaser to sign contracts their solicitor needs to have a loan pack. In order to get a loan pack you need to have a valuation done...

The OP is talking about the EA's request for confirmation that they have mortgage approval in place. This is common enough nowadays. Either the letter from broker/bank I outlined above or instructing the valuer (presuming mortgage approval is in place) will keep the EA happy...

Advertisement