Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trees interfering with overhead line

Options
  • 23-10-2012 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

The overhead phone line comes along the roadside and then across the road to my house.

The trees on the other side of the road are growing through and around the telephone wires.

When windy, the trees sway as do the lines and pole. I'm concerned that these trees will bring down the wires (they must be putting strain on them already).

The owner of the (farm) land behind the line of trees is absent and will not be chopping these trees anytime soon (and is trying to sell the field so has no interest in maintaining)

Is there anything I can do to prevent the inevitable of the lines/pole coming down/snapping ? I had a look and I would be afraid to chop the trees myself as that could bring a line down.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

englander wrote: »
    The overhead phone line comes along the roadside and then across the road to my house.

The trees on the other side of the road are growing through and around the telephone wires.

When windy, the trees sway as do the lines and pole. I'm concerned that these trees will bring down the wires (they must be putting strain on them already).

The owner of the (farm) land behind the line of trees is absent and will not be chopping these trees anytime soon (and is trying to sell the field so has no interest in maintaining)

Is there anything I can do to prevent the inevitable of the lines/pole coming down/snapping ? I had a look and I would be afraid to chop the trees myself as that could bring a line down.

Thanks.

Hi englander,

I am afraid if the tree growth is on private land, eircom would require the owner to call directly and give permission to access the land / tree growth.

Process:

Tree Trimming: Customer premises overgrowth onto wires. Public place: Take down cables to allow for major tree trimming to take place Customer needs to carry out the tree trimming themselves as eircom will not do this but to take down the cables to allow for this tree trimming.

I appreciate you are being pro active in trying to insure the cable is not damaged, if you like I can PM the process for sending out eircom engineers for this request to pass on to the land owner?

Sorry we could not do more.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement