Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matlab

Options
  • 23-10-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey,

I am currently doing an assignement in matlab on appliance detect.
    I am givin 3 aplliance.mat files and have to create a function in matlab to be able detect each signal individually, detect if two signals are on, and detect if a unknown is connected.

Any ideas, my main isuue is to add the two .mat files so i can pass them throughh my trial script???

Thanks in advance,
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you start with a clean slate (clear), then just load the .mat files (double-click on them in the list). Then you can examine the variables in them, in the Variables window (IIRC). Actually loading the files is a doddle, what you do next depends on what's in them.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 27 panoodles

bnt,

i have all that done, have got max/min amplitudes, dft, cross correlation of signals. just unsure on how to send in two signals at same time so can test my script/function?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Not sure I follow you, then. Are you being expected to pass the loaded data as input parameters to the function? That's function programming of the sort:
    function [output1, output2, output3] = function(input1, input2, input3)
       [outputs] = <insert formula>
    end

And so on. You pass multiple arguments to the function as above, and can return multiple arguments if required.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement