Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Ballincollig Bus 232

Options
  • 23-10-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭

Hiya,
    Just checking out the Ballincollig - Cork City timetable for Saturdays.

I see there are blanks for the stop in the Ballincollig Town Centre

I've marked them below in Red:

2i27eq8.png

Does anyone know for sure,
    if the bus skips that stop for those times?

If so its a bit of a disaster, as I'd have to trek to Classes Lake,
    and I'm not familiar with that area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Yep, pretty sure it skips those stops. That's what the line means. It would be a good hike from the town centre to Classes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

That's exactly what it means. Only stops where you see a specific time for the stop concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

They DO stop in the town centre. I know it looks like they don't on the timetable, but that is just BE ineptitude again.

The route the bus takes through Ballincollig will see it take the main street 99% of the time and pick up at every bus stop on the way.

There is one bus in the morning that goes the back road on weekdays, all others stop in the town centre and other stope along main street. On Saturdays they all go via the main street.

I use the bus every day, so you can take my word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dardhal

The timelines lack literally dozens of bus stops between the route ends. I have taken the bus at several different times of the day, on several different days of the week, both ways, and it has always stopped at whatever stop (big or small) there was someone waiting for or someone willing to set down.

If those in the timetable were the only stops where the coaches stop, 90% of the passengers wouldn't use it, would be completely worthless a bus service.

I seem to remember the times on the timetable are the earliest times the bus is committed to pass the corresponding bus stop. No time next to the bus stop, no guarantee the bus will be there at a given time at the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

This is just another example of the inept bus service that exists.

Another word of warning; add 10 minutes to either side of a time that you see mentioned on a Cork bus timetable, buses can be early or (more often) late.

When it comes to country buses they've been known to skip bus stops or even cancel buses altogether without notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Any update on the Real-time bus Indicators being rolled out? There are some on trial, but no date for full roll-out as yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

blindsider wrote: »
    Any update on the Real-time bus Indicators being rolled out? There are some on trial, but no date for full roll-out as yet....
    In their current state you're better off reading tea leaves to find out when a bus will arrive....

Advertisement