Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorsat installers in Corca Dhuibhne?

Options
  • 23-10-2012 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just checking out things for a friend in Baile an Fheirtéaraigh who still hasn't made the digital switch. However, Saorview has informed me that their area is part of the 2% of Ireland than can only be serviced by Saorsat rather than Saorview. According to Saorview it should only cost about €35 to install the Saorsat satellite.

However, as Saorsat does not recommend installers, does anybody know who in that area would be qualified to install Saorsat?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Aphex Tim

Seanchai wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm just checking out things for a friend in Baile an Fheirtéaraigh who still hasn't made the digital switch. However, Saorview has informed me that their area is part of the 2% of Ireland than can only be serviced by Saorsat rather than Saorview. According to Saorview it should only cost about €35 to install the Saorsat satellite.

However, as Saorsat does not recommend installers, does anybody know who in that area would be qualified to install Saorsat?

Thanks.

Don't know an installer but 35 euro is way off
    Summary of average SAORSAT costs:

SAORSAT box: €80-100
    Standard Installation cost including dish and LNBF: €200

http://www.saorview.ie/about-saorview/saorsat/

A SAORSAT installation, including the cost of installing a satellite dish and set top box currently costs €300-€350.

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2012/05/01/00235.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Although most the village appears to be out of coverage it would be worth while trying a Saorview box if they have a rooftop aerial, they just might be lucky. Perhaps a neighbour would lend them a box or a small Saorview TV for an hour or so. The coverage map on the Saorview site is conservative.

If it looks like Saorsat is the only option then contact Pat Reidy in Castlegregory (087 279 9434) or Donal Knightley in Annascaul (086 363 3800). Donal has been in the papers and on radio about the lack of Saorview in his area so he should know what he is talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jeltz

Seanchai wrote: »
    Hi,

Obviously they were drunk out of their mind when they said that.

Next they will be saying that councils will be run entirely by volunteers.

Advertisement