Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leopardstown Road Works

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

awec wrote: »
    Did you ever see that roundabout at rush hour?

It was a disaster. Queues down Leopardstown Road East, queues out of the south county business park, queues out of sandyford estate, queues coming from m50.

It absolute had to go. The exits were too close together to allow traffic to flow freely.

Certainly did - got out quicker than I do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

Was through there twice last night at 7pm ish. No delays at that time. I felt however that some of the (hopefully temporary) road markings are very dangerous.

I was going from the N11 to the Industrial estate so crossing the junction straight. I was stopped at red just before crossing and in the RH lane. They have carried the lane markings from the RHS side of this lane in an arc to guide traffic from the M50 (I guess) but from where I was they looked to be guiding me to veer left.

These mid junction guidance markings seem to be a DLRCC speciality. I am not sure if they exist in the Rules of the Road. I think if they are to use them they should use a different style of dashing (dots maybe) to the main lane markings to avoid confusion.

This is horrendous.
    This morning @ 9.30 am, jam all the way back to m50 roundabout. Usually well gone.

This afternoon @ 2.30 pm, the traffic was backed up all the way down brewery rd as far as the n11.
    Can only get worse at rush hour times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

bubblypop wrote: »
    This is horrendous.
    This morning @ 9.30 am, jam all the way back to m50 roundabout. Usually well gone.

This afternoon @ 2.30 pm, the traffic was backed up all the way down brewery rd as far as the n11.
    Can only get worse at rush hour times.

Traffic today was probably made worse by the Luas strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

I travel from the Tallaght direction and anytime I've passed through the traffic has been crap. I counted 11 seconds the green arrow was on for which wasn't enough as not enough traffic was getting through...maybe down to the sensors on the road? Hopefully it will get sorted soon as I may need to find and alternative route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I think it's fine usually pass down that way around 8:15-8:30am and haven't had any big delay (with the exception of the days the Luas was not running). Traffic from Stepaside/Ballyogan area seems to flow really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

anybody know when the next phase is to start?
    the removal of the roundabout at the esb entrance and installation of a signalised junction.
    also the new link road through the esb gate into sandyford ind est.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

rameire wrote: »
    anybody know when the next phase is to start?
    the removal of the roundabout at the esb entrance and installation of a signalised junction.
    also the new link road through the esb gate into sandyford ind est.

I did a bit of research for a business developing in SCBP and the intention is to have that on site by year end. They cant begin until the Leopardstown junction has bedded in and certain planning decisions are made in relation to the ESB complex. That new link is a real winner, itll pull 30/40% of traffic off the racecourse junction, eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The junction could do with a yellow box. 3 times now I have seen drivers stranded in the middle with no clue what is going to happen next.

Advertisement