Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching lecture time

Options
  • 23-10-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

This turning into a real dilemma.
    I am missing my humanities lectures because it is clashing with UCD sports
    training. If I miss training I won't get a team place, if I miss lectures I may fail!
    Is there anyway I would be allowed to switch times/days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Which is more important to you? Your degree or playing sports? Don't want to be blunt but that's the way it is. Is there any other way you could play that sport outside college hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭crunchy62

Well my degree is very important to me but so is my sport. Personally I don't think training should be scheduled to overlap with lectures but I can't go telling the coach what to.
    So my question still remains ... is there a way to switch lecture times and who should I talk to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Lectures are set and can't be moved. Unless this module is repeated in Sem 2 would be the only chance, but even then, you could still have overlap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

If it's a lecture sat by many students it may be done in multiple classes. If this is the case just go to another classes timeslot, if not there's nothing that can be done.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Prima Nocte

What do you think they invented the time machine for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

You have until week 6 to drop the module without any punishment, I believe its week 6 mate, so if you wanna withdraw and take osmething else, or just withdraw and do those credits next sem?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭crunchy62

"If it's a lecture sat by many students it may be done in multiple classes. If this is the case just go to another classes timeslot, if not there's nothing that can be done."

Yeah, it the humanities intro. module. There are multiple slots so I was hoping I could easily switch to another slot.

Who do I speak to to get permission to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

crunchy62 wrote: »
    "If it's a lecture sat by many students it may be done in multiple classes. If this is the case just go to another classes timeslot, if not there's nothing that can be done."

Yeah, it the humanities intro. module. There are multiple slots so I was hoping I could easily switch to another slot.

Who do I speak to to get permission to do this?

Speak to the program office to get it changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

If it's a lecture where attendance isn't marked you don't need to sort it out via office, just go. Doing it via the programme office just adds extra hassle.

Advertisement