Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Security Systems

Options
  • 23-10-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I had an Intruder-Alert and Fire-Alarm installed by Group-4-Falck in 2004 and monitored by them [and then by 'daughter-companies' - Group-4-Securicor and then G-4-S, up to 2008]. I've no record of why the monitoring was allowed to lapse but it was and now the system has developed a fault and I need the Master-Code to access the DSC Power 232 Panel in order to reset the system.

Unfortunately, G4S has refused to help and give me this number. They insist that I pay €150 to have a technician come out and put in the number to reset the machine - and even then they said they would not leave me with the number for future use!!

Now I have a non-functioning alarm system in my house and, apparently, NO OTHER security-firm can undertake to monitor the system for me in future - because THEY cannot reset the system [to function with THEIR monitoring service] without the Master-Code - currently held by G4S!

Perhaps there's an ex-employee of G4S [or current], who shares my disgust at this behaviour and can help with the Master-Code for this DSC Digital Security Controls [Canada] system? You could contact me by PM....?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to Home Security Systems.
    Please keep any codes to PM only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I can not help you regarding codes, however this carry on does annoy me. Just to let you know of a recent incident in Kerry.

A customer rang his alarm company requesting a service call. They were slow to arrive so he kept on ringing them to no avail.
    So he contacted another company, they attended site but did not know the engineer code for his system.
    He contacted the original company and requested their code, again to no avail. So he instructed the new company to replace his panel, he paid them for their service and off they went.
    Then it went to court, as the customer wanted to be compensated for the new panel. The judge ruled that the original panel was the property of the customer and the company were preventing the customer from selecting others to repair the system.
    Therefore the original company had to pay for their competitors work and also the costs of the case.
    I know what would have been cheaper.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any idea what panel was involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

If you request the engineer code on the day of installation are they obliged to give it to you if your having a monitored system installed ?

If you YouTube DSC there's loads of videos
    Have you tried defaulting the panel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If you request the engineer code on the day of installation are they obliged to give it to you if your having a monitored system installed ?

If you YouTube DSC there's loads of videos
    Have you tried defaulting the panel ?
    Trying to default a dsc panel could brick it if its locked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Didn't know that :-) thanks for the info :)

Not if they are certifying it . Which should be requirement for central station monitoring with Garda response.

Advertisement