Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Economics and Agricultural science

• 23-10-2012 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,   

Hope this is in the right place.
         I'm hoping to retake the LC next year. I was looking @ Home Ec and there is now assignments. Do I do 5 assignments and does the teacher pick what you cook?  Are you given booklets to do the assignments or do them in your own folder?

I was also looking @ Ag Science but don't think I can do much on that until I visit a farm. Can I just copy the experiments from the text book into the project?  Is there anything else I could be doing for the project now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

Hi :) i'm am repeating the lc this year and i am doing home ec again, yea , you must do 5 new assignments. Most often they do , my new teacher had them already picked to save time! Your teacher will probably photocopy sample booklets on paper to write your drafts out on, she will correct them and then you can write them up in the booklet she gives you. any other questions?

also, i don't do ag science but i considered it , i thought i wouldn't handle it too well as i live in the city and nothing really related to me, i'm pretty sure you cannot copy anything from a text book for any project in the leaving cert! they have seen the textbooks they won't give you marks , you should contact a school that does ag science and ask them about the subject/project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

read this whole thread if you are planning on doing ag science. you must have an ag science teacher. you can't do it on your own.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58687286

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lofty12

Thanks guys. Amy- that's great. :)Can't really do anything for project yet then as teacher might pick them. Will just get started on studying the book:)

Anyone do Home Economics and Business Studies for the leaving?
    I was wondering do ye think the consumer studies in Business is sufficient for Home Ec?

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

I'm doing AGSCI, I love it, like easy peasy lemon squeezy. I also did HE for a TY module, and I must say, AGSCI is easier in terms of scoring A2's/A1's, at least I find it.

Advertisement