Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renters contents insurance

Options
  • 23-10-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

Are there any insurance companies that do renters contents insurance for people living in shared apts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yes, but depending on where you live, the mainstream companies may not quote. Probably better off going to a broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Thanks to helpful people here I got contents cover for 25000 and my bike for 20 a month from 123.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    Thanks to helpful people here I got contents cover for 25000 and my bike for 20 a month from 123.ie

I also have cover with 123.ie. Prior to that I had a policy with Allianz. Worth checking them both out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

How much do you pay? And what is covered by the policy?

mood wrote: »
    How much do you pay? And what is covered by the policy?

Around €20 per month for €30k contents cover including accidental damage and legal assistance. That's with 123.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Do you know if there are even smaller deals than that? Say for 10-15K worth of stuff?

I never bothered looking into this as I thought it would be far more expensive than €20 per month.

Do you know if there are even smaller deals than that? Say for 10-15K worth of stuff?

I never bothered looking into this as I thought it would be far more expensive than €20 per month.

You specify the cover amount you want in increments of €5k. You can do the whole thing online. Very simple.

Advertisement