Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap City Centre Hotel

Options
  • 23-10-2012 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a cheap hotel near Grafton street for 2 people for this Sunday night? Thing is i'll not be booking til Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Could book it now, wouldn't have to pay until you leave. Near Grafton St? Russell Court? Jackson Court? Both on Harcourt St. There's also the Camden Court just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Grafton Capital Hotel, Brooks Hotel, Drury Court Hotel, The Central Hotel on Exchequer Street

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Kelly's Hotel or the Grafton Guest House on George's Street would also be a short walk away.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just checked out of interest Kelly's is €99 for double room for 2 with breakfast, Grafton €109 for the same - both are Advance Purchase rates, not sure how long they stay available for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

How cheap do you want it?

Portobello hotel: http://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/portobello.en.html?aid=311076;label=hotel-40335-ie-E_vi0q_COiO2NMEF0NXmHQS10600503540:pl:ta:p1:p2:ac:ap1t2:neg;ws=&gclid=CIr20PStmrMCFY6K4QodVAwAnQ

And Abbey hotel:http://www.abbey-hotel.ie/

Are two of the cheapest in Dublin city.

booking.com is a good bet for cheap deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Will all the big nightclubs in the city be over 21s this Sunday night because of the bank holiday weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Most of them are over 21's on a normal Saturday night, in fact, over 23's if I'm not mistaken!

The only one I can think of Over 18's is Tripod....plenty more I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I thought under the Equality Acts that there was no such thing as anything other than over 18?

Mention it to the bouncers and see what they say, if they still say no ask them for their ID which should be on display anyway as you'll be requiring them to appear at a case with the equality tribunal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I thought under the Equality Acts that there was no such thing as anything other than over 18?

Mention it to the bouncers and see what they say, if they still say no ask them for their ID which should be on display anyway as you'll be requiring them to appear at a case with the equality tribunal.

The liquor licencing act exempts them from that, they can set a minimum age. Quoting the equality act is a sure fire way to get refused

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

MarkMc wrote: »
    The liquor licencing act exempts them from that, they can set a minimum age. Quoting the equality act is a sure fire way to get refused

Exactly, once it's a consistent policy. Proving whether it is or not wouldn't be particularly easy. These are the conditions under which they can set minimum ages btw:

(a) the holder of a licence or other authorisation which permits the sale of intoxicating liquor adopts a policy of refusing to supply intoxicating liquor to any person below a specified age which exceeds 18 years,

(b) a notice setting out the policy is displayed in a conspicuous place in or on the exterior of the premises, and

(c) the policy is implemented in good faith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Tripod has cclosed down.

Loads of places aren't over 21s. Try the academy on Middle Abbey st. Massive club with two clubnights running in it. Hussle and Propaganda. Would be for 18-22 year olds

Advertisement