Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Android App

Options
  • 23-10-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I need someone to give me some 1 to 1 training on android app development. Essentially I already have the app completed and have a good idea how to make changes using eclipse but I need someone to show me a few of the trickier things and how to compile the app and upload it. Anyone interested? I can pay but it would have to be done and dusted in half a day!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

How do you know the app is done if you haven't compiled it? :confused:

To upload the app you need to register with google (costs e10, once off cost I think). Have you done this? If not then you can't submit apps quite yet.

To be honest if you can figure out how to code an app, then the rest is pretty trivial. The real headaches come later with international treatment of VAT etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

srsly78 wrote: »
    How do you know the app is done if you haven't compiled it? :confused:
    My guess is that the OP has no problems compiling the app, as long as it's locally to an emulator or connected phone and the issue is with understanding and generating the keystore file, which can be a little confusing to understand if one is not familiar with the concept of signing applications in general.

Google have instructions on how to do this, but perhaps a video tutorial may be easier for the OP to follow.

The overall process of publishing can be somewhat bureaucratic and confusing however; you need a separate privacy policy set up now to link to. Certain apps require that you direct the maturity level higher that you might normally (e.g. communications category apps). And then there's the question of screenshots and/or videos, keywords, etc.
    To upload the app you need to register with google (costs e10, once off cost I think). Have you done this? If not then you can't submit apps quite yet.
    25 USD, AFAIR. Lot cheaper than iTunes.
    To be honest if you can figure out how to code an app, then the rest is pretty trivial.
    Maybe the OP outsourced development, in which case, I suspect (s)he's going to have problems with the keystore sooner or later.

Advertisement