Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian litter found in Waterford!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I heard that little fella on the radio this morning. I think one of the girls mentioned in the letter contacted the Canadian newspaper that printed the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Damien tiernan hasnt stopped about it in twitter. I have no idea how its a story tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

A friend of mine who "announced" her wedding via message in a bottle into the Liffey was contacted with congratulations by someone who found it on a beach in Wales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

wow thats awesome. I guess it only makes sense considering the north atlantic drift and stuff. Think how many times it lay floating thousands of miles in the middle of the atlantic getting washed back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It reminds me of a really poor Kevin Costner movie that was out in the late 90's. I wonder how long it would take for such a journey. Surely years?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone found something that circumnavigated the planet once I believe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

ziedth wrote: »
    It reminds me of a really poor Kevin Costner movie that was out in the late 90's. I wonder how long it would take for such a journey. Surely years?

'Message in a bottle.'

No, really! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

ziedth wrote: »
    It reminds me of a really poor Kevin Costner movie that was out in the late 90's.
    The Postman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

hefferboi wrote: »
    The Postman?

If we start listing all Costner's bad movies we'd be here all night. :D

Open Range was pretty good though. Sorry, off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Knowing the mentality of some people over here they will probably try do them for littering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

Similar thing happened in Tramore about 10 years ago, it made it on the front page of some newspaper and I think it was on nationwide too

Advertisement