Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

powerpoint needed for school project

Options
  • 23-10-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

HI,

Does anyone know where I can get free powerpoint? My husband needs it for a project for a course and our pc doesn't have it. It came with excel, and word only. I looked online and its €189??? I can't afford it :mad:
    Please advise

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

Use google docs. All you need to do is set up a gmail account and its free

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Try download Microsoft Trail version of Office which includes powerpoint. This should get you what you need.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/en

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

http://www.libreoffice.org/download/

This is an alternative office pack. It's free and can save in powerpoint format if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

is it the google drive that i have to download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

on top of the google search engine there is a section for documents. Just click and follow instructions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

openoffice.org

Free office suite...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

got it got it - behind in technology

:) thanks to all of you got it on google for free:) what would we do without boards

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

iPearly wrote: »
    what would we do without boards

Raise the Microsoft share price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Another vote for an open source version such as OpenOffice or LibreOffice.

However Powerpoint comes as part of MS Office - you may have it but just not installed it. Go to the Control Panel and (depending on version of Windows) open either Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista/7). Select Microsoft Office and press the Change button (can't remember what the option is in XP but it's something similar). In the next dialog select Add/Remove Features and go to the next screen where you can select the applications you want to install. Powerpoint should be there - select it and install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Orion wrote: »
    Another vote for an open source version such as OpenOffice or LibreOffice.

However Powerpoint comes as part of MS Office - you may have it but just not installed it. Go to the Control Panel and (depending on version of Windows) open either Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista/7). Select Microsoft Office and press the Change button (can't remember what the option is in XP but it's something similar). In the next dialog select Add/Remove Features and go to the next screen where you can select the applications you want to install. Powerpoint should be there - select it and install it.
    Word and Excel (with a few features disabled) usually come as part of MS Office Starter and Powerpoint is not included, though there is a viewer.

Advice for anyone using OO or LO is to save file as ppt (instead of the default Open Office format) and open with the viewer to check for possible errors when opening with PP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

LibreOffice is a fork of Open Office, which has mostly the same oo developers when they disbanded due to a disagreement with Oracle I think. That's why I'd reccomend LibreOffice over oo

Nick

Advertisement