Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about buying this prebuild (€1500). What do ya think?

Options
  • 23-10-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm upgrading and thinking about going with this.

I have done the build-it-yourself route before and it didn't make me all warm and fuzzy inside, so I don't mind paying a bit extra for someone else to do it for me.

Primary use is as a development machine, so Visual Studio 2012, SQL Server, Sharepoint running on a virtual machine etc. I will also be using it for the odd being of Flight Simulator which is heavy on the CPU, and am happy with the graphics card included.

Just looking for the nod from someone in the know that this is a good rig.

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

it's a nice system the parts seem to be good.. if i was specing a build it wouldn't be too much different.. I just had a look and to spec the build works out about €1430 give or take a few € some of the parts are not there so i choose something similar... so about 100 for them to build and install windows and drivers in that (Assuming they do)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Thanks very much. I was thinking it would be about that.

It's a company expense so I'm willing to pay that for assembly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

if the company is VAT registered you can claim that back.. saving a bit more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

U_Fig wrote: »
    if the company is VAT registered you can claim that back.. saving a bit more :D

It sure is :)

Advertisement