Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more bank drafts under 500 euro

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Bob24 and IMightKnow,

As previously mentioned in this thread, Bank of Ireland can now only issue a draft, in Euro or any other currency, for the value of €500 or above.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Thabks Graham for confirming this.

So if I understand what you are saying, the only suggestion for somone who might one day need a bank draft for less that 500 euros (which sometimes is unavoidable as listed above) is to choose another bank than Bank of Ireland, because you won't be able to issue one in any circumstance.

Interesting and good to know ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Bob24,

As previously mentioned, in cases where a draft for an amount under €500 is required, we will be unable to facilitate the request.

We appreciate that this may not suit all examples. However, in the vast majority of cases, payments can usually be made by other means. For example, you may be able to make payments using your Visa Debit card, electronically transferring the funds via 365Online or using a personal cheque.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Hi North Cork,

Thanks for your question.

This is correct, from 22nd October 2012 Euro Domestic and Foreign Drafts under €500 will no longer be issued in branches. We would recommend the following alternatives, Credit Transfer to the payee on 365 Online, Mobile Banking App or Business Online, Personal Cheque, Credit or Debit card payment or cash.

Thanks,
    Tara
    Super inconvenient. Need a draft for €450 to pay the courts service. Didn't get cheques on my new account (because its not the Stone Age). I now cannot pay the fee in a reasonable time as I had to order cheques (which will take 5 days AFTER they send the request to my usual branch) and I offered to pay the extra €50 if they would just make the draft for €450. Nope. As a policy there should be some discretion.

Hi North Cork,

Thanks for your question.

This is correct, from 22nd October 2012 Euro Domestic and Foreign Drafts under €500 will no longer be issued in branches. We would recommend the following alternatives, Credit Transfer to the payee on 365 Online, Mobile Banking App or Business Online, Personal Cheque, Credit or Debit card payment or cash.

Thanks,
    Tara
    Super inconvenient. Need a draft for €450 to pay the courts service. Didn't get cheques on my new account (because its not the Stone Age). I now cannot pay the fee in a reasonable time as I had to order cheques (which will take 5 days AFTER they send the request to my usual branch) and I offered to pay the extra €50 if they would just make the draft for €450. Nope. As a policy there should be some discretion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi FreudianSlippers,

We've checked this out with the Court Service's own website and it appears that it's possible to pay a fee to them in cash or by postal money order, which may be more convenient for you. If you contact them directly, they may be able to advise you of alternative methods of payment.

Thanks for your post,
    Graham

Hi FreudianSlippers,

We've checked this out with the Court Service's own website and it appears that it's possible to pay a fee to them in cash or by postal money order, which may be more convenient for you. If you contact them directly, they may be able to advise you of alternative methods of payment.

Thanks for your post,
    Graham
    Thanks for all the effort but it is actually the stamp office in Áras Uí Dhálaigh and they confirmed to me today that it is just cheque or bank draft. I think I got it sorted though. It's still annoying!

Advertisement