Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses to knock

Options
  • 24-10-2012 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

I have a flight from Knock on Thursday, leaving at 5pm. Looking at the Bus Eireann Sligo-Galway timetable it seems the only bus I can get is at 11.45am, meaning I'll have a boring wait in Knock for a few hours (I have specific dietary requirements meaning that I wouldn't really be able to eat in their canteen type place).

There is one other bus at 1.45pm, but it doesn't stop at the airport, only in Knock itself, on the main street - I don't know how I would get to the airport from the town, or how long it would take if I was to walk (I know the airport is a bit out of town on a main road).

Is there any other alternative, any other buses that go to Knock airport, or should I just suck it up and get the 11.45am bus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Check the timetable again. It is only on Friday's that the second bus doesn't serve the airport.

Depart Sligo 14:00 arrive Knock Airport 14:50.

Knock village is nowhere near the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Thanks for that, in my rush I was looking at arrival times and not departure times! This is a relief. Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Victor wrote: »
    Knock village is nowhere near the Airport.

+1

The airport is about 19 or 20 miles away from Knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Charlestown is allot nearer. But even that is a taxi ride away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Plazaman wrote: »
    +1

The airport is about 19 or 20 miles away from Knock.

Woah! Its been so long since I've been to the village itself, but thankfully I re-read the timetable and there is a bus that goes there in an amazing 40 minutes (I can hardly believe that), so alls well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement