Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags from Carlow could of injured train driver

Options
  • 24-10-2012 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1023/driver-escapes-injury-after-block-thrown-at-train.html
    An Iarnród Éireann train driver had a lucky escape last Friday afternoon when a concrete block was thrown from a bridge at the train he was driving

The incident happened at Paul's Bridge, near Bagenalstown Station, on the Waterford to Dublin line.
    The train was travelling at 72km/h when the block shattered the windscreen and crashed into the driver’s cab.
    There were no passengers on board, but the driver was left in shock and was taken to Waterford Regional Hospital. He was later released.
    Gardaí in Carlow are investigating the incident.

Lets hope they are caught and the famlies will be paying €2,000 for there childrens behaviour. Would point out that the CCTV quality on the trains is of excellent quality and they people are lightly to be caught.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

I got up to plenty when I was a teenager but I mean FFS what is wrong with these people, I just don't understand why people can't think of the possible consequences of stupidity like this or what benefit they were getting from it no matter what the end result was of throwing a brick at a train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

that's just messed up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Almost all trouble on the line is in Carlow or Athy but there hasn't being anything this serous in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭jimbo79

that is attempted murder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

jimbo79 wrote: »
    that is attempted murder
    Only if it was planned with the intention to kill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Only if it was planned with the intention to kill.

But it would make you wonder what they were planning by doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

Some people also think its funny to be throwing small rocks off motorway bridges. Any sort of bridge be it going over a railway line or a rd, the sides should be built up so they can't not looked over so something like a 7 or 8ft solid barrier of some sorts that will stop kids from being able throw stuff over them or at least make it so they can't see what their aiming for. If they don't know if anything is coming or not they won't bother throwing it over. Only 1 way to deal with kids like this. make the parents suffer and if that still doesn't do any good put the kid in jail, not a young offenders place I mean jail in a padded room for 2 months. It will be hell for them. God knows if they are doing this as kids imagine what they'd be like as adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They could have injured the train driver seriously. Scumbags have no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

biko wrote: »
    They could have injured the train driver seriously. Scumbags have no sense.

I think they just don't care about the repercussions. I'm sure if they hit the driver humanity would kick in but at the time, the possible fallout was very unlikely to be going through their heads.

Advertisement