Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1: Week 6 Reports

• 24-10-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭davetherave

Pats suffer shock loss against the CPU Seahawks :o:( :eek:

Team|1|2|3|4|Final
    Team Gronk|0|14|7|7|28
    Seahawks|3|24|3|3|33

D-Line was all over Brady, Chris Clemons the RE got three sacks, two others got 1 each. Brady threw 2 picks one of which was returned 85 yards for a TD.

Gronk caught 10 catches for 313 yards and 3 TD's. Welker fcuked something up and had to be carted off. Volmer, one of my Oline, recovered a fumble off of a Brady sack and decided to run with it, he ended up fcuking something up as well and had to be carted off. Marshawn Lynch, didn't have a standout game, but the runs he made yardage on were crucial ones.
    Absolutely disgusted at this performance tbh. 600+ total yards, hold them to less than 250 total yards and I can't even get a poxy win :mad:

Yayyyy.....I get to play Dave and his Jets next week. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

This pleases me greatly .

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭davetherave

What makes things worse is that I wasn't even thinking about records or any of that ****e. Another 27 yards and he would have smashed the most receiving yards in a game record.

Still 1000+ yards in six games isn't too bad I suppose.
    Most Yards Gained, Season - 1,848 Jerry Rice, San Francisco, 1995
    Heads up Jerry, Gronk is gonna get ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Beat the colts, cant remember score 30-3 or something. Roll on next week against the New England Gronks i mean the New England Patriots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

What makes things worse is that I wasn't even thinking about records or any of that ****e. Another 27 yards and he would have smashed the most receiving yards in a game record.

Still 1000+ yards in six games isn't too bad I suppose.

Heads up Jerry, Gronk is gonna get ya!

Hmmm, I wonder who to spotlight and double cover when playing the Pats. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Raoul wrote: »

Hmmm, I wonder who to spotlight and double cover when playing the Pats. :confused:

I tried it, doesn't help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭davetherave

Thats what Pudsy tried to do and look where it got him. I mean sure, technically he won the game, but Gronk picked up just shy of 200 yards.

Edit: Ahh too slow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Winning the game is all its about, I'd rather win the game than C2J get 250 yards !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Falcons beat the CPU Raiders 31-20 despite a fumble from Turner and 4 INTs from Ryan. Unfortunately Ryan went down late in the 4th with a torn labrum so he's out for 3 weeks. On the bright side, did my practice mode after the game with my back up and threw 4 passing TDs so hopefully he'll cope. Also, i'm on a bye next week so the injury shouldn't be too much of a worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Lukebray wrote: »
    Falcons beat the CPU Raiders 31-20 despite a fumble from Turner and 4 INTs from Ryan. Unfortunately Ryan went down late in the 4th with a torn labrum so he's out for 3 weeks. On the bright side, did my practice mode after the game with my back up and threw 4 passing TDs so hopefully he'll cope. Also, i'm on a bye next week so the injury shouldn't be too much of a worry

Can't check right now but when do we play our first divisional game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Seahawks got a new GM at the wrong time for you....some fella called Tom:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Can't check right now but when do we play our first divisional game?

I think it's week 10. By which point, Matty Ice will be back :D Gonna be a tight division I think. After week 10 I have 4 more divisional games to play so those final week will be crucial for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Lions loose to the Eagles in a very close game.

44 - 38

A great game which included a 103 yard kick of return for the Lions and a safety for the Eagles.

Eagles had 479 yards in the air while Lions had 310. Megatron as per usual was a beast with 4 catches 197 yards and 3 TD's while Kevin Smith as killing it on the ground with 96.
    etloveslsd wrote: »
    You should look for DeSean a bit more

And I did he had 7 catches 270 yards and 4 TD's.

Was a very close game through out, it was an interception on the last drive that cost the Lions the game.

Great game Adrian. Like our other one it was very close down to the very end

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Some thing close to 1000 yards of offence between us. 9 Touchdowns, 8 interception. Crazy game.

I said it before, I'll say it again, the Lions secondary is awful. Just let Jackson run free down the field 3 times, Happy with the offense apart from the safety. Over 300 yards passing, nearly 100 on the ground, would have won most games.

I miss the next 3 now so it will be an uphill battle to make the playoffs.

Best of luck with the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Redskins 45-35 Vikings

Washington get over their loss to the Falcons with a shoot out win over the Minnesota Vikings. The game was literally Robert Griffin vs. Adrian Peterson, as Griffin threw for 300 yards and Peterson ran for 200 yards. Thanks a lot for the game HowAreWe, best of luck for the rest of the season.

RGIII Watch: 23/24 299 yards 4 TDs 0 INTs

RGIII Watch: 23/24 299 yards 4 TDs 0 INTs[/QUOTE]

Unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Tough game starts off as a defensive slugfest. Cowboys force Ravens to punt on 4th and inches, then start driving with run, run until their first pass play of the game to 'Braindead' Dez Bryant, who makes a good catch then fumbles when hit, Ravens recover.
    Ravens then drive down the field and get a FG.
    Then in the second quarter the defenses stay on top, as the teams trade field goals. Romo throws an INT trying to chase Andy Dalton for the league lead (so far two passing plays, fumble and INT), and then throws another INT to close the half on a hail mary.
    Half-time: BAL 6-3 DAL

During the half-time interviews, both coaches state this is going to be a defensive battle, will be won by whoever manages to manufacture a TD, and how wrong they were...
    Cowboys start off second half picking up first down on a run, then get stuffed on a ru and sacked on a play action. Romo lines up in shotgun and sees the coverage roll towards Bryant and Witten and lobs a pass over the CB to Miles Austin who runs home for a 67yd TD.
    First play after kickoff, Ray Rice breaks out a 76yd TD run.
    BAL 13-10 DAL
    Another terrible Romo INT, Ravens have to settle for FG.
    BAL 16-10 DAL
    Fourth quarter, and this is where things take a turn...
    Think Romo and Flacco exchange INTs here, Cowboys eventually drive down the field and in the redzone facing long third down, Romo finds Austin who manages to slip tackle and find the endzone.
    DAL 17-16 BAL
    Flacco starts finding his rhythm (despite the best efforts of Pitta and Dickson to drop everything in sight), and finishes a drive with lofted passinto endzone where Torrey Smith leaps above everyone (well leaps above the Cowboys DB's standing around watching) for a TD.
    Rice stuffed on 2-point conversion by Bob Sanders.
    BAL 22-17 DAL
    Romo INT, Ravens have to settle for FG and still leave the game within one score.
    BAL 25-17 DAL
    Cowboys start the comeback, including a long passes over the defense to Jason Witten where anyone else would have run to the endzone with that lead, but he is as slow as treacle.
    DeMarco Murray eventually punches in the TD. And follows it up with the 2-point run. Tie game!
    BAL 25-25 DAL
    The coaches go back and forth over how to manage the clock as the Ravens drive slowly upfield, as Pudsy wonders how long he should keep driving before kicking the winning FG. This hubris upsets the Madden gods as Flacco is walloped on a dropback and fumbles the ball away. Ware recovers but gets caught from behind.
    Cowboys on the 39yd line, on the very very edge of Bailey's range. Break off a couple of decent runs and in ship-shot territory as the clock winds down.
    Murray finds room running left and braces for an Ed Reed hit, but Ed Reed ducks away deliberately and Murray can't fall down or get out of bounds and mistakenly scores the TD leaving the Ravens with 50-odd seconds left to try and tie it.
    They go four and out thanks to Flacco misplacing a couple of passes and receivers dropping the others.
    Final Score: DAL 32-25 BAL

Player of the Game
    DeMarcus Ware - 7 tackles, 6 for loss incl. 2 sacks and a fumble recovery

Passing
    Romo 13/23, 294 yds, 2 TD/5 INT
    Flacco 10/29, 86 yds, 1 TD/1 INT

Rushing
    Rice 19 for 185, 1 TD
    Murray 17 for 62, 2 TD

Receiving
    Austin 4 for 117, 2 TD
    Witten 4 for 100
    Smith 3 for 31, 1 TD

Good game Pudsy, good chatting to you during.
    A bit of wild one.
    Ray Rice so tough to stop, especially if he gets space, my defenders were hopeless against him.

Still need to work on Romo, throwing 5 INTs is crazy. Because I'm playing so bad with him am getting no XP, just managed to upgrade his consistency trait after the game so hopefully that helps.
    One was a Hail Mary at end of half which is fine.
    Two were bad decisions on my part.
    Another was terrible throw by Romo as Witten had separation from defender, and Romo makes throw to back shoulder, the defender's back shouler.
    Last one very annoying. Was looking for Austin in the flat, he breaks his route and defender turns with him with his back to Romo, he is not looking at the ball! Romo makes the throw (another not so great effort), and defender with eyes on the back of his head turns around and jumps the route.

Giants vs niners is going to sim, see problem page for rant

Texans 27-24 packers

crazy game in lambeou field with the pack getting there first loss of the season and the texans offence finally kicking off this year after a few terrible games

Q1
    gb walk down the field running and passing at will eventually getting in for a td after a long drive that had the texans d crawling for the oxygen

hou keep there amazing run of 3 and outs going

Q2

texans d manage to stop the pretty fantastic gb o but crosby hits a 50 yd field goal 10-0 gb looked like another long night for hou fans

hou go 3 and out.........again

but the packers throw a pick 6 with less than a minute left this proved huge

with less than a min on the clock hou are forced to go to there passing game that flattered to deceive against the jets but as it turns out we dont have to play darrell revis every week and we get in with a td pass to johnson

Q3
    houstons o is finally going and they drive down the field for a 34 yd kick
    10-10

gb obviously a bit frustrated at throwing away a 10 point lead in about 2 mins throw a pick at there 30

johnson goes in again for a 20 yd td

gb hit back as rogers heaves it down the field for an 80 yd td for jennings

Q4

houston get a fg
    gb get picked
    foster gets a running td for a 10 point houston lead

then **** gets crazy cant remember exactly what happened but there was around 600 picks in the last 4 mins give or take:D among them a pick 6 for gb the last few mins where crazy but the texans recover an onside kick and run out the game

Stats:
    Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
    hou 0 \ 7 \ 10 \ 10
    gb 7 \ 3 \ 7 \ 7

passing

hou 16\28 for 268 yds 2td and 2 ints
    gb 12\24 for 262 yds 2 tds and 5 ints

rushing

hou 16\89yds 1td
    gb 18\60yds 0tds

defense:
    sacks ints
    hou 1 5
    gb 2 2

player of the game

andre johnson after no catches last week he exploded this week with

18 rushing yds on 2 attempts
    and 116 rec yards on 7 receptions for 2 tds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

[SIZE="4"]Texans 27-24 packers [/SIZE]

crazy game in lambeou field with the pack getting there first loss of the season and the texans offence finally kicking off this year after a few terrible games

Q1
    gb walk down the field running and passing at will eventually getting in for a td after a long drive that had the texans d crawling for the oxygen

hou keep there amazing run of 3 and outs going

Q2

texans d manage to stop the pretty fantastic gb o but crosby hits a 50 yd field goal 10-0 gb looked like another long night for hou fans

hou go 3 and out.........again

but the packers throw a pick 6 with less than a minute left this proved huge

with less than a min on the clock hou are forced to go to there passing game that flattered to deceive against the jets but as it turns out we dont have to play darrell revis every week and we get in with a td pass to johnson

Q3
    houstons o is finally going and they drive down the field for a 34 yd kick
    10-10

gb obviously a bit frustrated at throwing away a 10 point lead in about 2 mins throw a pick at there 30

johnson goes in again for a 20 yd td

gb hit back as rogers heaves it down the field for an 80 yd td for jennings

Q4

houston get a fg
    gb get picked
    foster gets a running td for a 10 point houston lead

then **** gets crazy cant remember exactly what happened but there was around 600 picks in the last 4 mins give or take:D among them a pick 6 for gb the last few mins where crazy but the texans recover an onside kick and run out the game

[SIZE="4"]Stats:[/SIZE]
    Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
    hou 0 \ 7 \ 10 \ 10
    gb 7 \ 3 \ 7 \ 7

passing

hou 16\28 for 268 yds 2td and 2 ints
    gb 12\24 for 262 yds 2 tds and 5 ints

rushing

hou 16\89yds 1td
    gb 18\60yds 0tds

defense:
    sacks ints
    hou 1 5
    gb 2 2

player of the game

andre johnson after no catches last week he exploded this week with

18 rushing yds on 2 attempts
    and 116 rec yards on 7 receptions for 2 tds
    Lost Matthews at the start of the 3rd quarter and the defence never looked the same after that.

Got greedy before the half, should have settle for 10 point half time lead but I took a few shots to try sneak into field goal range and as a whole made some dreadful decisions passing the ball. First drive was pretty composed but after that I was pretty gick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Chiefs go into their bye week after take the lead in the AFC West with a 41-14 win over the Bucs. Absolutely no luck for Tampa in this one. They had two fumbles and were handicapped with an early injury to HB Doug Martin. Must have been bad as they picked up Tim Hightower from FA post game. All the big plays went the Chiefs way, none bigger than a 93yard TD reception by Dexter McCluster.

Bucs were held offensively throughout but did notch a brilliant kickoff return. Chiefs showed some defensive improvement from previous outings and only conceded an offensive score in the final minutes. At that stage the game was in the bag and the Chiefs were pounding the rock all through Q4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Steelers @ Titans Steelers win the toss and elect to kick

Titans move it well with C2J and a couple of passes, until a fumble and the Steelers recover, booth challenges and Titans get it back, Titans go for a 49 yard FG and it drops short.

Titans D steps up and forces a punt, The Titans O starts moving the ball, Titans get into the red zone but Steelers D forces a FG.

0-3 Titans

Then Steelers return the KO

7-3 Steelers

Titans have a quick 3 and out

First play and the Titans get burned and its a Steelers TD when it looks like the ball goes through 2 Titans players and into a Steelers WR hands

Titans punt with 3:22 in the half, Titans make a stop with 2 mins in the half.

but Titans punt.. Steelers punt with 57 seconds left, Titans struggle and go for it on 4th down at they dont get it, 17 seconds left

Big time screen pass gets the Steelers to FG range but a holding penalty does them out of it, but they have 5 seconds..

Half Time 14-3 Steelers, Steelers .

Titans force a punt. but Titans WRs are not making the catches, but Washington comes up big, Then Cook gets the TD

14-10 Steelers

Babineaux misses a certain in but apunt is forced which is almost muffed!
    on the play C2J breaks out the after burners and goes 80 yards for TD

14-17 Titans

Titans force a punt.. which they dont want to muff.. it goes out at the 3!
    Britt makes a key catch with Troy bearing down on him

Then C2J starts tearing it up, Cook makes a key catch on the drive then Javon Ringer takes over on rushing duties

Titans on 4th and 1 on the 3 yard line.. they go for it 2 min warning Cook looks like he;s over.. he;s not!

Big Ben escapes a sack in the endzone..barely..

McCourty could have sealed the game.. but he drops what should be a certain int.

Steelers get into the end zone...

21-17 Steelers.. with 47 seconds left

Polamalu gets a pick and thats game.... Almost!

23 seconds left... Titans get the ball.. Locker hits Britt.. he sprints towards the end zone but gets caught.. with 2 more seconds Titans would have gotten another play off..
    Steelers win!

some stats:

Titans with 477 yards, 241 rushing
    Steelers with 198, 34 rushing

Titans with 20 1st downs, Steelers with 5:eek:

Locker with a QB rating of 73, 18 from 34, 242 yards 1 TD and 1 Int
    Ben with 121, 9 from 18, 176 yards, 2 TDs and 0 Ints

C2J gets 22 carries, 225 yards and 1 TD
    Rashad gets 8 carries and 24 yards

Kenny Britt gets 4 catches for 89
    Mike Wallace gets 3 catches for 71 yards and a TD
    Hester gets 3 catches for 64 yards and a TD
    Cook gets 7 catches for 38 yards and a TD

Enjoyable games despite the loss.. the stats say i should have won, but Titans receivers dropped a lot of passes this week.

Well done Et

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

The Rumble in Music City: Steelers 21-17 Titans

Steelers come into the Titans home and rob them blind. The home team totally out played the visitors.

The Titans calmly drove down the field at will with Chris Johnson embarrassing the once proud Steelers defence 225 yards. Jake Locker had a decent day with nearly 250 yards through the air. His rating is only brought down by a pick he threw chasing the game.

The Steelers had all the luck with Antonio Brown returning a kick off for over 100 yards to give his coach his first return in his time in The BFL. The Steelers next score came from a lucky pass that probably should have been picked but ended up going for a td.

Steelers had another nightmare on the ground with a massive 34 yards.

Titans should have won the game on the last play with s deep pass beating The Steelers coverage but a desperation tackle and not enough time on the clock dashed the home fans hopes.

Heli cracking game, you did deserve this win but luck seemed to be on my side. Steelers next game is their first divisional game away to The Bengals. Titans will try pick themselves for the long trip to Northern New York and the Bills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chargers 31-7 Broncos

Vital divisional win for the Chargers in their quest to keep up with the Chiefs as they beat the Broncos.

The game started off absolutely mental with Manning throwing an INT on his first play but that was chalked off for a roughing the passer call, before he threw another INT a couple of plays later. Rivers then threw one straight back before the Broncos went 3 and out and then Matthews fumbled on his first run to give the ball straight back to Denver. Must have been 4 or 5 turnovers in total within the first couple of minutes of the first quarter - crazy.

The game settled down with regards to turnovers from there on in as Manning went long to Brandon Stokley who destroyed Atari Bigby in the air for a 71 yard TD to give the Broncos a 7-0 lead. After that it was all Chargers as their defense went sack crazy dropping Manning a total of 9 times over the course of the game. I struggled to get the passing game going apart from a couple of crucial throws on 3rd downs so thankfully there was no ill effects from Matthews' early fumble as he ran for 140 yards including a 73 yard run on the first play of the second half to make it a 3 score game which Denver never recovered from.

Chargers go 3-3 to keep in touching distance of Berty who is 4-2. Broncos fall to 1-5. Next up for both teams is a bye week.

Thanks for the game Perrin. Your O-line gave Manning no help at all and it's one of the things that is virtually completely out of the human players hands which makes it so frustrating. It seemed like no matter what play I called, blitz, man or zone, someone got through the O-line to get a hand on the QB.

Best of luck for the rest of the year, until we meet again in week 11 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Well played Paully completely dominating performance.
    I must admit I mentally cracked during the game,think it was at the start of the third quarter or after the long run touchdown(which was a killer).
    Nothing seemed to going right,at that stage I just ran the suggested plays.
    In any case,gluk for the rest of the season yourself and Berty will be a close run thing at the top for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

So the Bills go 0-6. A little ahead of where I pictured us ;)

Closest game so far here though. 16-10 Overtime loss to the Cardinals.

Bills now have Week 12 firmly in their sights with the match-up v Colts. That is now our Everest!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals FINALLY pick up first win of season against Browns!

20 -10

No INTs for Dalton!! It was a miracle I hope he can repeat in his next human game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Vikings 17 - Cardinals 16

A close game here in Minnesota as the Vikings pull through to obtain their first home win of the season. A missed FG by the Cardinals proved crucial to the vikes as they held on to the lead in the 4th Quarter.

Adrian Peterson first RB to rush for more than 1,000 yds this season.:cool:

edit: just realized this is week 6 reports..oops.

Advertisement