Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iBooks 3.0 Now Available

• 24-10-2012 1:08am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed the update waiting on the iPhone, waiting for it to download now.

I'll try it out in the morning and post again unless anyone else has a chance to review it before then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

Graham wrote: »
    Just noticed the update waiting on the iPhone, waiting for it to download now.

I'll try it out in the morning and post again unless anyone else has a chance to review it before then.

I heard it now has better scrolling.

Oh boy cannot wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

How are these App store notifications pushed through? Is it similar to Mail or is the App store continually live in ios 6?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

naasrd wrote: »
    How are these App store notifications pushed through? Is it similar to Mail or is the App store continually live in ios 6?

I assume they comes through Apple's push notification server, which your device is constantly connected to anyway for things like iMessage, apps, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just downloaded it now. The page turn is very nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Still no "Game of thrones" :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

The night reading theme is brilliant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Crap selection compared to Kindle unfortunately =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I've been trying to buy a book on the App Store. I downloaded the sample first and then when I click to buy it says this item is no longer available.
    When I google it and enter the iTunes link for the book from there it says the book is not available in the Ireland store.
    Is there anyway I can buy books from the American store??.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

BanjoB wrote: »
    I've been trying to buy a book on the App Store. I downloaded the sample first and then when I click to buy it says this item is no longer available.
    When I google it and enter the iTunes link for the book from there it says the book is not available in the Ireland store.
    Is there anyway I can buy books from the American store??.

You would need to set up a US account and add funds using US iTunes vouchers from Ebay.

It would probably be easier to buy the book from the US Kindle store. Whatever it is, there's a good chance it's on there.

Advertisement