Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year Applicants

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

I know, it's mighty news. Myself and my hubbie can apply for residency in Aug 2013, and citizenship 2yrs later (so i believe) Brilliant!!!!
    HALLELUJAH!!!!!

So those currently on their 1st IEC Visa and who will be applying for their 2nd year, will automatically receive a 2 year visa as of TODAY!! WAHOO.....So we now get a total of 3 years in Canada! I cannot contain my excitement! :)

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=297505053695426&id=154674707978462

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I am happy i found out now I can get permanent residency after 1 years work experience under the new CEC rules I have started my papers :)

Just one question I activated my 2nd 2012 IEC visa last month could I get a 3rd now if I wanted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

jjbrien wrote: »
    I am happy i found out now I can get permanent residency after 1 years work experience under the new CEC rules I have started my papers :)

Just one question I activated my 2nd 2012 IEC visa last month could I get a 3rd now if I wanted it?

Nope according to the. Canadian Irish Immigration Centre you can only participate twice in the scheme regardless of IEC usit or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭da yung lad murt

Hi guys i am currently on my one year Canadian IEC i thinks it up in july 2013 ,delighted to hear da news on getting another 2 years.What advice would ye give me on me apply for permanent residency like when to apply or what route to go down ? As I am an unskilled worker working in the province of Alberta up in fortmacmurray as a labourer for a construction firm.

Thanks guys much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Hi guys i am currently on my one year Canadian IEC i thinks it up in july 2013 ,delighted to hear da news on getting another 2 years.What advice would ye give me on me apply for permanent residency like when to apply or what route to go down ? As I am an unskilled worker working in the province of Alberta up in fortmacmurray as a labourer for a construction firm.

Thanks guys much appreciated

What job do you work in?

I work as labourer for a muck shifting company,we construct roads and do all da ground work for oil drilling companies .Do you have any advice on my issue lad ?

Is there sum residency agreement if you are working in alberta ???

• Registered Users Posts: 27 prideaspunch

I work as labourer for a muck shifting company,we construct roads and do all da ground work for oil drilling companies .Do you have any advice on my issue lad ?

You should join one of the many Unions and register as an apprentice, at which point you will be classed as a skilled worker.

I am a member of the Carpenter and Scaffolder's union (local 1325) joining was probably the best decision I've made since coming to Canada.

Great medical benefits, pension, further education options etc etc.

Advertisement