Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to start a small business with no capital

Options
  • 24-10-2012 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm a part time student in 3rd year of a business degree. I have a few business ideas that i'd like to start, but i've no money and no real means of saving at all.

I'm currently get my living from the welfare, so its pretty much in one hand and out the other. I'm aware that there are some local grant authorities, but they seem to require that you have capital of your own, which i don't.

Can anyone give me advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

One way could be finding one or more partners who are willing to invest in the ideas. Since you're studying business, it shouldn't be difficult, for you, to write a business plan. Of course, that means that you will have to give away a share of your businesses, but, at least, you can get them to take off.
    One word of warning: the main difficulty you will face will be negotiating how much to give away and for how much money. Business ideas are just ideas and, as such, they can be risky, therefore an investor might want a significant share to take that risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Xios wrote: »
    Hey, I'm a part time student in 3rd year of a business degree. I have a few business ideas that i'd like to start, but i've no money and no real means of saving at all.

I'm currently get my living from the welfare, so its pretty much in one hand and out the other. I'm aware that there are some local grant authorities, but they seem to require that you have capital of your own, which i don't.

Can anyone give me advice?

Hey OP,

Do a search for 'Swequity NDRC'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

In this position myself OP.
    Applied to http://www.businessangels.ie/ today.
    Hoping something good comes of it

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

depending on your idea something like this might help http://www.fundit.ie/browse

There are other sites like this as well so google crowd funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Thanks for the responses.
    You've given me a lot to research :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

ill keep yea posted if I have any success with the business angels

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

How much ballpark?
    Could family or friends be an option for a loan rather than having to give away a percentage of your business?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭capefear

www.revenue.ie/en/about/publications/supporting-job-creation.pdf

have a look at the above link there might be something of interest to you.

depending on your previous circumstances etc you might be eligable for Seed capital Invest or employment incentive initiative.

Also check your tax credits etc for the last four years you might be due a refund. Pm me if you want more details.

Advertisement