Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damo--Step up to the plate.Your turn in the well.

Options
  • 24-10-2012 8:29am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Damo--Have fun!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Favourite artist in Ireland?

Dream tattoo, money no object?

Favourite artist in the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Melion wrote: »
    Favourite artist in Ireland?

Dream tattoo, money no object?

Favourite artist in the world?

Chris Crooks, the work he turns out is amazing. Can't see myself getting one like that done, but the work is fantastic.

Probably a large collage of all my favourite video game characters, each in the style that they are in the game/game artwork. (Something that I'm already starting with my Zelda piece!)

To be honest, I don't read the magazines or keep up with artists enough to know! If I'm ever in a position where I can afford to go anywhere and pay anyone to do a tattoo for me, I'll research it then! Otherwise I'd just be torturing myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

What characters would be included in this collage?

What was your best tattoo experience? And worst?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Your personal favourite artists in Ireland (as in not Chris Crooks), which artists would you go to, and why?

What's next?

Orim wrote: »
    What characters would be included in this collage?

What was your best tattoo experience? And worst?
    Already have Skyward Sword Link, getting Wind Waker Link and Link To The Past Link added to it soon. Altair, Ezio, Connor the assassins. Batman. Mario. The warrior from GODS. It's a long list.

Best was last year at the tattoo convention, actually being able to see the tattoo being done, as I was not able to see my back or chest being tattooed! Being able to watch the process was fascinating. The worst was my bio-mech heart, which felt like my chest was being branded for 3.5 hours.
    Your personal favourite artists in Ireland (as in not Chris Crooks), which artists would you go to, and why?

What's next?
    Really? Going down that road? If you're limiting the definition of "Ireland" to "The Republic of" then it'd be Joe Myler.

Next is getting the Zelda part of my leg finished. After that I'm not sure, possibly a very personal piece that I've been thinking of for a few years now, that may involve UV ink...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Already have Skyward Sword Link, getting Wind Waker Link and Link To The Past Link added to it soon. Altair, Ezio, Connor the assassins. Batman. Mario. The warrior from GODS. It's a long list.

No Princess Peach????

Want any more piercings?

No Princess Peach????

Want any more piercings?

She may be saved for a special tattoo at some stage.

I doubt I'll ever get more piercings, particularly if I'm still working with the same company, but I would like/have considered tongue piercing, a small labret spike and small lobe tunnels. With my current job, even though I never face the public, they'd want them removed immediately.

Anything in particular that got you interested in tattoos and piercings?

Favourite game?

Any worries that Hellrazer won't let you out of the well in some kind of modding powerplay?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Any worries that Hellrazer won't let you out of the well in some kind of modding powerplay?

Feck that--Put him in the well and put the lid on it.Leave him down there!!!

Hellrazer wrote: »

Feck that--Put him in the well and put the lid on it.Leave him down there!!!

He better watch out for Somara.

Damo-ooooh what's your favourite thing about being so damned handsome?

• Advertisement

Anything in particular that got you interested in tattoos and piercings?

Favourite game?

I was always fascinated by them, but never wanted one, as I'd only seen crappy flash jobs, like the cartoon devils etc... The first one I'd seen that made me want one was a decent looking version of the 'here's Johnny' moment from The Shining :D

My favourite game would be Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Such an awesome game, so dark with the real feeling that the fate of everyone you encountered depended entirely on you.

Now that you mention it, he has been singing this to me...

He better watch out for Somara.

Damo-ooooh what's your favourite thing about being a mod?
    The ability to change what you just said.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Is there anywhere on yor body you wouldnt get a tattoo?

What is your fondest childhood memory?

Is there anywhere on yor body you wouldnt get a tattoo?

What is your fondest childhood memory?

Anywhere visible, anywhere the ink wouldn't hold, or anywhere that's... delicate ;)

The Christmas morning (I was 4 or 5) that I got a Spiderman costume and a Kermit the Frog :D

How visible is visible? Hands and face obviously but what about forearms and maybe high on the chest? Nothing beats wearing a white shirt and having it all shine through.

Any guilty pleasures that you're willing to admit?

How visible is visible? Hands and face obviously but what about forearms and maybe high on the chest? Nothing beats wearing a white shirt and having it all shine through.

Any guilty pleasures that you're willing to admit?

Visible = hands, face, neck etc...
    I've already got two tattoos on my shoulder blades, and one on my chest (that shows a little when I'm wearing anything with a low neck/v-neck) and have learned to wear something under white shirts in order to keep them hidden in work!

Guilty pleasures: Gaming; vegging out watching movies; love acting, so being on stage in a play; mucho mucho Mexican food...; Some TV shows I love: Castle, HIMYM, Walking Dead, True Blood, Breaking Bad (just catching up on that, on Season 3 now!), Dexter... One or two of those are real guilty pleasures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

What/who do you love?

What/who do you hate?

What's the scariest thin you've ever done?

What is your proudest moment?

If you had to kill.... ah never mind. :D :P

What/who do you love?

What/who do you hate?

What's the scariest thin you've ever done?

What is your proudest moment?

If you had to kill.... ah never mind. :D :P

Love: Seems like a fairly stock answer, but my family and friends, and I have the most amazing girlfriend. :)

Hate: False people and two-faced people.

Scariest: Snowboarding, had just set off from the top of the mountain when it started to snow heavily, and fog rolled in with it, resulting in an almost total white-out. I could (Literally, not figuratively!) barely see my own feet. Had to very slowly, very carefully, make my way down the mountain, staying close to the edge markers, so that I didn't fall off the side of a cliff, hoping that I was heading in the right direction to get to the next one.

Proudest moment: Getting the all clear after going through a serious illness that could/would have killed me.

Kill: TBD... ;) :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What's your favourite genre(s) of music?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How do you feel about HMV's decision to make people with body art cover up completely? (as well as having to cut long hair short, men wear denim jeans and women to wear skirts)

Denny M wrote: »
    What's your favourite genre(s) of music?
    I like a bit of everything to be honest, couldn't say I have a preference. I guess anything funky or rocky would be my most common likes!
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    How do you feel about HMV's decision to make people with body art cover up completely? (as well as having to cut long hair short, men wear denim jeans and women to wear skirts)
    It's absolutely ridiculous, and is the decision of some 'suit' that has been hired/put into a position where they are supposed to help the companies flagging sales. And that is what they came up with. Genius. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Do you like your job or is it a means to an end?

If you could meet one person dead or alive who would it be?

Do you like your job or is it a means to an end?

If you could meet one person dead or alive who would it be?

Means to an end, but I like (most of) my co-workers, which helps a lot.

Einstein. We'd hang out, and it'd be like a live-action version of Pinky and the Brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Would you be Pinky or the Brain?

Do you know Bucky O'Hare?

Black pudding or white?

How do you like your eggs?

And how do you eat yours?

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Would you be Pinky or the Brain?

Do you know Bucky O'Hare?

Black pudding or white?

How do you like your eggs?

And how do you eat yours?

I'd be the Brain of course. ;)

Bucky O'Hare is the rabbitiest hero I've ever seen.

I like both black and white puddings, but preference would be black, and now I want a fry... :D

Eggs, scrambled. The gf makes the best scrambled eggs, and now I've stolen her secret recipe :D

Creme Eggs: Bite the top off and scoop out the goo with my tongue... which just sounds dirty...

Who do you prefer? Princess Peach or Princess Zelda?

Who do you prefer? Princess Peach or Princess Zelda?

Zelda. :pac: :cool:

What one inanimate object could you not live without?

If you could travel back in history and change one thing what would it be?

What one superpower would you love to have?

What do you find most attractive in the oppossite sex?

What one inanimate object could you not live without?

If you could travel back in history and change one thing what would it be?

What one superpower would you love to have?

What do you find most attractive in the oppossite sex?

My phone. It's such versatile communications too l that I just couldn't be without it.

I'd right some of the biggest wrongs, like letting Joel Schumacher near the Batman franchise.

Healing, Wolverine style.

There is no one thing, I'm more a whole-package kinda guy. There has to be physical attraction, intelligence, compassion and a great sense of humour. And kinda has so like the same kinda movies/tv shows/games as I do, or I'd get too frustrated/irritated. Not all the same, obviously, but enough in common.

Oh god them Batman films even my 14 yr old self watching Batman & Robin was cringing and knew how terrible it was, he could be sentenced to some serious jail time for that film for crimes against humanity :p, amazing he managed to make A Time to Kill in between them two cringefest Batmans.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

When will we randomly cross each others paths again? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement