Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad Exchanges

• 24-10-2012 9:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭

So apparently Apple (or at least certain Apple stores in the US) are allowing exchanges of iPad 3rd Gen for the new 4th Gen within 30 days, as opposed to the usual 14 day window.

Has anyone heard if similar is gonna be offered here in Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

So apparently Apple (or at least certain Apple stores in the US) are allowing exchanges of iPad 3rd Gen for the new 4th Gen within 30 days, as opposed to the usual 14 day window.

Has anyone heard if similar is gonna be offered here in Ireland?

Ring apple customer services and ask them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Wife had ordered ipad 3 through work scheme to pay off monthly, got it last week and now to find this, so fecking annoying, doubt very much we'd have any grounds to stand on to get new one though....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Wife had ordered ipad 3 through work scheme to pay off monthly, got it last week and now to find this, so fecking annoying, doubt very much we'd have any grounds to stand on to get new one though....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why would you want to get a new one? The iPad mini doesnt take anything away from the iPad 3. Its just newer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

godtabh wrote: »
    Why would you want to get a new one? The iPad mini doesnt take anything away from the iPad 3. Its just newer
    I don't think he's talking about the iPad Mini ... rather the iPad 4. Better processor and overall improvements on iPad 3.

I don't think he's talking about the iPad Mini ... rather the iPad 4. Better processor and overall improvements on iPad 3.

Wouldn't mind so much I suppose if it was at Apple's usual time scale of upgrades/new models, but only comnig 7 months after the last one is a bit much I reckon....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sorry I thought he was talking about the mini. Different story with the iPad 4

godtabh wrote: »
    Sorry I thought he was talking about the mini. Different story with the iPad 4
    Unfortunately so...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Better processor and overall improvements on iPad 3.
    What are the overall improvements? I thought only the processor and port (not an improvement for me!) were different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

Dades wrote: »
    What are the overall improvements? I thought only the processor and port (not an improvement for me!) were different?

The processor and port are the main differences.

The others are 720p FaceTime camera, better 4G and better Wi-Fi. Although the last ones are claims that I cannot imagine ever noticing, as iPad 2/3 already max my pipe and there is no 4G to play with here.

Advertisement