Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire safety guards for Children

Options
  • 24-10-2012 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Does any body know where you may be able to purchase a fire safety guard for children for around a stove. Any that I have seen are for around an open fire and are too short at the sides.
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BusyMum12

I had this problem a few weeks ago, we just could not find one to fit around the stove!
    Eventually i found one in a hardware shop, it just fits. It is called 'De Vielle fire nursery guard. It extends.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 missy2011

I must do a search on that name and try to find stockists.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

We had this problem too. After searching around a bit, I found this one:
    www.amazon.co.uk/BabyDan-5616-2600-01-75-Premium-Hearth-Black/dp/B000KPOI7G/ref=sr_1_1?

It's pricey, but is a nice, sold piece of kit. You can configure the five panels as necessary. We found that just four panels was enough to keep junior far enough away from our insert stove. I guess you'd need to use all five if your stove is out from the wall/chimney breast.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I bought a play pen that has wall mounts for the fire as our fireplace was too long for the normal fire guards.

Advertisement