Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon XT 3 Self Monitoring

Options
  • 24-10-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    My Uncle has a Simon XT Version 3 panel Installed a while back by Eircom phone watch.
    Due to financial restraints we would now like to cancel the monitoring with EPW and re program this panel to ring me instead.
    From previous posts on the forum I see it is possible for this panel to ring 1 number.
    Unfortunatly I do not know the engineering code or even if an engineering code is required.
    Would anyone be kind enough to explain to me how this could be done, by PM if necessary.
    Thanks.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

The the ge simon 3
    The ge simon xt can ring four numbers
    I know the newer version can send texts but I'm not sure if the version we have here can .
    Did you keep all paper work off the alarm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 finnyj

Hi,
    I have attached pictures of the Panel and the Manufacturers Model No if that is of any help.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

finnyj wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have attached pictures of the Panel and the Manufacturers Model No if that is of any help.
    Thanks.

Yes that system can be reprogrammed to contact 4 numbers. Engineer code is required to do same.

Sent you a P.M. re the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SpionJoe

Hi guys,

I have the Simon XT wirefree system installed at home about 14 months and monitored by Eirocm. I have no inertia sensors on any downstairs doors or windows. I have contacts on the front and back doors and PIR's in the 3 downstairs rooms. I have nothing on the downstairs windows (these rooms have the PIR's)

Is it possible to add your own inertia's onto the system or must we stick to Eircoms? , the interia is about €80 each from them and then add a call out charge. should I leave the Contacts and also add inertias to doors? should all downstairs windows have inertias?

Alot of question here but there has been alot of break-ins in the area and I just want to get the full benefit of our alarm.

Anybody offer any advice?

Thanks

Does eircom still monitor your alarm ?

• Advertisement

SpionJoe wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have the Simon XT wirefree system installed at home about 14 months and monitored by Eirocm. I have no inertia sensors on any downstairs doors or windows. I have contacts on the front and back doors and PIR's in the 3 downstairs rooms. I have nothing on the downstairs windows (these rooms have the PIR's)

Is it possible to add your own inertia's onto the system or must we stick to Eircoms? , the interia is about €80 each from them and then add a call out charge. should I leave the Contacts and also add inertias to doors? should all downstairs windows have inertias?

Alot of question here but there has been alot of break-ins in the area and I just want to get the full benefit of our alarm.

Anybody offer any advice?

Thanks

If the system is maintained by eircom they would have an issue with this. They are easily sourced in the suppliers here. Protecting accessible windows and doors on a premises is more secure that just depending on an intruder entering your premises to set off the alarm. With just contacts fitted an intruder can also just take out a pain of glass without opening the window thus not activating the alarm in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SpionJoe

Thanks Altor

I also meant to ask another question. The engineer who installed the system told me that the Simon XT has not got the capability to arm while we are still moving around the house, it can only set for going to bed or going out.

In your experience, does this make any sense to you?

Thanks

The motion detectors won't arm if they have activated and there is still movement infront of them . When they detect movement they transmit the signal then sleep for around two minutes . If there's movement in front of them during this time they will continue to sleep

SpionJoe wrote: »
    Thanks Altor

I also meant to ask another question. The engineer who installed the system told me that the Simon XT has not got the capability to arm while we are still moving around the house, it can only set for going to bed or going out.

In your experience, does this make any sense to you?

Thanks

It is not that it does not have the capability, it is the type of sensors that where installed in the first place. Protecting the windows and doors in conjunction with the PIRs would of allowed you to set up the system for home with the PIRs off and away with the PIRs on.

That is another drawback with having a trap pack installed.
    The reason for this is if you enter any of the rooms with PIRs not set up to be off in home mode then they will activate the alarm system, hence him telling you not to set it when moving around the house. Hall and landing will usually be off to allow access to the control panel.

Advertisement