Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deftones Tour 2013 - No Irish Date

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Deftones UK & Ireland Tour Dates are as follows:

Fri Febraury 15th 2013 - Barrowland, Glasgow
    Sat February 16th 2013 - Rock City, Nottingham
    Mon February 18th 2013 - Academy, Manchester
    Tue February 19th 2013 - O2 Academy Birmingham, Birmingham
    Wed February 20th 2013 - O2 Academy Brixton, London

Source: http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/175547/9#ixzz2AE1pyXJN

UK & Ireland eh?

:/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

UK & Ireland eh?

:/

Yea Stereoboard usually always say Uk and Ireland dates even when we dont get a date

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Fook sake :mad: I'm getting sick of bands not playing Ireland!

In saying that, fookin' DEFTONES! \o/ I suspect a fair few Irish people will head over for the Nottingham date!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Presuming that I get the tickets, I'll be going to the Nottingham show. I'm not waiting for Deftones to complete another tour while I sit about all hopeful that they'll announce a date.

Edit: Yeah, my tickets are purchased, I'm going to the Nottingham gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Yeah a lot of my friends will head over to the UK for it, I saw them once in the states and they were great, can't see why they won't do at least one night in Dublin. I wish the Twins of Evil tour would come over here, Manson and Rob Zombie would be class.

• Advertisement

Yeah a lot of my friends will head over to the UK for it, I saw them once in the states and they were great, can't see why they won't do at least one night in Dublin. I wish the Twins of Evil tour would come over here, Manson and Rob Zombie would be class.

I really think it's just down to logistics. Finding an adequate venue for the expected crowd they would pull, the cost of bringing all their stuff over here and flying (or sailing) it all out again, paying all their staff etc. The costs probably outweigh the expected revenue from doing such a show. Or they just really dislike Ireland, I'm not really sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Ive been to all their Irish dates so far and if memory serves me correctly they were always late announcing an Irish date. however I can see a venue being an issue. Olympia maybe?

Have the Ambassador stopped doing gigs altogether?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have the Ambassador stopped doing gigs altogether?

Yup , just expos now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Yes, unless you're a dinosaur or a dead person!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

It would appear that Nottingham is sold out, or the tickets are in hiding. That's annoying :(

Edit: I thought I was somewhere else entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I got tickets for Nothingham on Friday morning. If it's anywhere near as good as Shepard's Bush Empire in London last August, it's gonna be an awesome show!!! Roll on February!! :D

Advertisement