Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a Custom case made

Options
  • 24-10-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Does anybody know where I could get a custom PC case made, i have all the designs and measurements and everything sorted i just dont have the machinery to make it myself. So if anyone knows a place that cuts metal or a places that deals in custom cases then that would be a great help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,389 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Love to see these designs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'd imagine you'd need someone like a tool maker with access to a machine shop & that could be fairly expensive. With no disrespect to general Eng workshops like those that make gates and stuff, they can be a tad rough when it comes to finish & you wouldn't want that for a case? Ideally you would want access to a paint shop that has a facility for powder painting with bake ovens to get that hardened finish too, maybe a car repair paint shop?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 21 B1ue

Headshot wrote: »
    Love to see these designs :)
    ill send you the pics when i get home :)

I'd imagine you'd need someone like a tool maker with access to a machine shop & that could be fairly expensive. With no disrespect to general Eng workshops like those that make gates and stuff, they can be a tad rough when it comes to finish & you wouldn't want that for a case? Ideally you would want access to a paint shop that has a facility for powder painting with bake ovens to get that hardened finish too, maybe a car repair paint shop?

Yeah i guessed it would have to be done in multiple places, somewhere to cut it then somewhere to get a nice paint job done

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

You could ask Bolgers, they apply a finish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I like to see your ideas too? It would be good to see what an end user actually has in their head as opposed to what manufactures think users want?

Either way it would be the ultimate "self build" ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Now there's a thought, imagine we pooled our resources and designed a Boards.ie Case that we could all order (and thus make it cheaper) :D

It's got to have the 0 o eyes as side panel windows :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Custom cases can be amazing for function, but usually they're lacking on form. Chiefly because they're usually manufactured from simple-ish panels, so they tend to be fairly boxy looking (which I'm generally not a fan of) though it's a great thought. I'd love to see what we can come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

as long as it has room for 2x 480 rads in seperate compartments I'd probably be game. maybe one above and one below the main part. then a single 120mm fan in each to get air moving and you've got epic silence for any setup. and it must be white.

Screw that. I want support for two 2x200 rads. :)

White? White?! Gun-metal grey FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

13(2).jpeg

Best custom case has been done guys, we may as well all just give up.

<3 STALKER.

EDIT: Or this http://www.azoft.com/spotlight/wp-content/uploads/15(1).jpeg 0.o

• Advertisement

The BSG one is downright bad-ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

i remember a couple of years ago a fella selling a little devil case on adverts for 350-400 euro which was actually a fair enough price. Some other fella (prob trolling) came on saying he was taking the piss cause he could build put the same thing together for less than Eur100.

There is some amount of work involved in fabricating your own case (especially one that looks like a little devil case) so I would be really interested in seeing them specs also! SO many measurements to take into consideration and then putting them all together. Im getting a headache just thinking about it. But i certainly would pay a fella Eur200 if he could build me one to my spec!

Advertisement