Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice from Eircom rep please

Options
  • 24-10-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

I recently switched to Eircom from a Vodafone, phone and broadband package.
    I made the switch with a door step rep.

Do I need to contact Vodafone and cancel my contract (which I am no longer tied into) or does Eircom do this for me?

Also, when should I cancel the direct debit to Vodafone?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I recently switched to Eircom from a Vodafone, phone and broadband package.
    I made the switch with a door step rep.

Do I need to contact Vodafone and cancel my contract (which I am no longer tied into) or does Eircom do this for me?

Also, when should I cancel the direct debit to Vodafone?

Thanks.

Hi Neil_Sedaka,

In terms of switching the service from Vodafone to eircom no action needs to be taken by you.

However if you are under contract you with another company you may be liable for cancellation charges.

I would advise you check this with them directly.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks Mark,

No longer under contract, as I have been with them for about 2 years.

So I don't need to cancel the DD or worry about being charged by both providers then?

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You should still check whether you must give Vodafone 30 days notice or they can keep billing you. What did the rep promise eircom would charge you per month and for what Neil ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Supposed to be getting anytime land line calls, 180mins to any Irish mobile and up to 8MB unlimited broadband for 55 Euro per month.

Though I now have a suspicion that it will increase in price to 70 Euro after the first six months. (always read the small print huh?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Supposed to be getting anytime land line calls, 180mins to any Irish mobile and up to 8MB unlimited broadband for 55 Euro per month.

Though I now have a suspicion that it will increase in price to 70 Euro after the first six months. (always read the small print huh?)

Hi Neil_Sedaka

I would advise to check with Vodafone regarding any possible cancellation charges similar to the 30 day notification one eircom has in place.

eircom will only charge from the date the services transfer back to us. In relation to cancelling the direct debit it would be best to get all the information from your current provider before making a decision.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement