Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy phone line

Options
  • 24-10-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

My phone line has been quite noisy for a while, but has progressively gotten worse with people I'm calling sounding very faint. I've disconnected all extensions and tried with only 1 phone connected to the master socket, but its still not great. Changing phones from cordless to corded doesn't make a difference.

Is there a number I can ring so I can check for noise without the dial tone being there (like a silence test)? Also is there an automated fault checker that I can try or do I have to manually report any faults?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

My phone line has been quite noisy for a while, but has progressively gotten worse with people I'm calling sounding very faint. I've disconnected all extensions and tried with only 1 phone connected to the master socket, but its still not great. Changing phones from cordless to corded doesn't make a difference.

Is there a number I can ring so I can check for noise without the dial tone being there (like a silence test)? Also is there an automated fault checker that I can try or do I have to manually report any faults?

Hi suchafunkymonke

Can you PM me with your tel no: and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement