Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Duffy and Co giving people head aches in work

• 24-10-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

This is bloody ridiculous. Being subjected to the Joe Duffy show every day in work. It's utterly painful to hear his meandering voice and listen to him treat the most tedious of stories with the same seriousness of a rape case.

They have it on here now again today and it's not even Joe himself today but it's still as equally painful.

Anyway, I'm sure most people are already aware how **** it actually is and this is obviously a very first world problem but such shows that seem to cater for the over 50s (and I'm being generous) who want to whinge (I'm aware I'm now moaning myself :p) surely shouldn't be in a workplace.
    It's only the older workers who seem to like it and say we've always listen to Joe at lunchtime so we're not changing now.

Turn it off!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Turn it off!

No Teddy... YOU turn it off!

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

This is bloody ridiculous. Being subjected to the Joe Duffy show every day in work. It's utterly painful to hear his meandering voice and listen to him treat the most tedious of stories with the same seriousness of a rape case.

They have it on here now again today and it's not even Joe himself today but it's still as equally painful.

Anyway, I'm sure most people are already aware how **** it actually is and this is obviously a very first world problem but such shows that seem to cater for the over 50s (and I'm being generous) who want to whinge (I'm aware I'm now moaning myself :p) surely shouldn't be in a workplace.
    It's only the older workers who seem to like it and say we've always listen to Joe at lunchtime so we're not changing now.

Turn it off!

Haha, I'm listening to it now in London at work on earphones. God knows why, some kind of punishment. What are aul ones in Ireland's obsession with people drinking? Why do they think booze is so cheap in supermarkets in Ireland? It's probably the dearest in Europe, outside of Scandinavia anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

earphones buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

you're gonna have to sabotage the radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The one presenter that actually deserves his wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

kneemos wrote: »

hahahahahahahaaa.

ha.

ah, that was good.

Just no, he's responsible for the whinge whinge whinge self entitlement that's far too prevalent in this society, idiots who don't read t&cs, assume things should work the way they expect them to rather than the way they do, then claim its a bleeedin dizzzgrayusss Jooooeee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Disgrace Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

kneemos wrote: »

yeah, he works nearly five hours a week. well worth 400k.

liveline is an outlet for moaning. without it people would have to sort out their own problems and the mental state of the nation would be healthier if JD just looked after his fire engines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Clontaaaaaaaaaarrrfff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Love the Joe Duffy Show. always something new every day. Now the only thing thats torture is the ray darcy show. He was actually doin some crap yesterday testing toasters and to seeing which one could toast the fastest. Even ray himself sounds bored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Great topic for Liveline... Call Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

nbar12 wrote: »
    Clontaaaaaaaaaarrrfff

MEOOW MEOW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Good afternoon to yoouuuuuu

sure sure sure sure, go onnnnn.

The show is responsible for some of the best Aprés match sketches in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I hadn't noticed how bloody awful the prick was until boards helped me realise.

Now I have a very healthy hatred of the pious cunt thanks to boards.ie.

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Fuinseog wrote: »
    yeah, he works nearly five hours a week. well worth 400k.

liveline is an outlet for moaning. without it people would have to sort out their own problems and the mental state of the nation would be healthier if JD just looked after his fire engines.

Yeah, but they'd snap him up for twice that on the beeb, they need to pay the likes of this guy well or they'd be gone in a flash........(sarcasm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

I beleive you have my stapler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

thats my staybler ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It's not even Joe Duffy this week; it's the even more useless Damian something or other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

kippy wrote: »
    Yeah, but they'd snap him up for twice that on the beeb, they need to pay the likes of this guy well or they'd be gone in a flash........(sarcasm)

does Britain have a recession on? let the beeb pay him 400k and give damien o reilly the job. all he needs is good researchers.
    joe would never leave erins isle. he is too salt of the earth and the English probably would not understand the dublin accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Is there no chance of some Union or other hiring the bearded one? He'd be perfect as a shop-steward - he'd love all the crap problems, all the whinging and entitlement, and better still, he'd get paid a bit more as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

You should be posting in the Lavnlahn thread in the radio forum when it's on....makes it bearable most (but not all) days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

Turn it off!

Go on!

Yeah

Yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Seeing as I have to often put up with the cretin, I've noticed that if somebody comes on his show and gives all the details right away, daft Joe will waffle on for several minutes asking questions the caller has already answered.
    He looks a little bit like Jim Ross who used to be a WWF Wrestling commentator :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Seeing as I have to often put up with the cretin, I've noticed that if somebody comes on his show and gives all the details right away, daft Joe will waffle on for several minutes asking questions the caller has already answered.
    He looks a little bit like Jim Ross who used to be a WWF Wrestling commentator :eek:

Yeah, Yeah, Terrible Teddy, Terrible and what do you notice if people come on with all the details?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Fuinseog wrote: »
    does Britain have a recession on? let the beeb pay him 400k and give damien o reilly the job. all he needs is good researchers.
    joe would never leave erins isle. he is too salt of the earth and the English probably would not understand the dublin accent.

Bigger risk would be all the old folks with too much curmudgery in their veins walking zombie like after "St Joe" into the Irish Sea. Kinda like the Eoin McLove episode of Father Ted except they are graoning:

"Jaaayyysus Jooooooeeee"

"Iiiiits terrrrribleee Joooooe"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Pottler wrote: »
    Is there no chance of some Union or other hiring the bearded one? He'd be perfect as a shop-steward - he'd love all the crap problems, all the whinging and entitlement, and better still, he'd get paid a bit more as well.

Brilliant :-)

Advertisement