Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Violentacres, Troll extraordinare on reddit.com exposed. Unfair or well deserved?

Options
  • 24-10-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

I came across a really interesting thing on the internet yesterday. I go on www.reddit.com regularly and I heard yesterday that one of the major trolls (he started subreddits (forums) with lovely content like r/jailbait and r/picsofdeadkids and way more besides) has been doxxed (hacker lingo for outed). His life is basically ruined. He's lost his job, his home, his health insurance, his wife is disabled and they're both gonna have to go live with her family.

Now to be honest, my immediate reaction was "ha ha, f*cking LOL, well deserved, serves him right etc". Then I watched the interview of him on CNN and tbh I felt really sorry for him. I know he goes on like sexualising 13 year olds is ok and posting stalker pics of women and a hundred million other examples of him being a nasty, racist, anti-sematic, misogynistic, heartless etc BUT I feel like ultimately all he really did was be a thoroughly nasty person that upset people. He didn't do anything illegal. So anyways I kinda feel sorry for him.

One funny thing I noticed on Reddit is the users screaming about his freedom of speech being violated, they seem to think that freedom of speech encompasses a right to anonymity.

What do you guys all think?

Here's some links to see what I'm talking about:
    http://gawker.com/5950981/unmasking-reddits-violentacrez-the-biggest-troll-on-the-web

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/oct/16/reddit-violentacrez-gawker-expose

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

There was a thread about it recently. I think most people thought it was deserved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement