If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MONITOR AUDIO FLOORSTANDER BOARDIE OFFER

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ik wrote: »
    Hi ,Interested in M6, whats euro price delivered to Dublin. Tanks IK

Ik,

Thanks for the post - the euro price on the M6 delivered is €234.99

Keep me posted if we can assist or if you need any other information,

Thanks as ever,

John mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Good Afternoon,

Are these speakers rebadged B4's? Or what would be the nearest to them from the Monitor stable? Not a lot about the M series ont web. Seriously intersted tho.

thanks

OG,

Thanks for the post- the M series are a series made for the US market, they are similar to the B4 but are a later model - they don't look as pretty as the bx5 to be fair ( but then they don't cost anything the same!)

Keep me posted,

Atvb

John mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

stezie wrote: »
    I got the Onkyo 709 and the Monitor Audio Radius HD kit of you last year... I’m seriously tempted to add a pair of M6's to my current setup to get the most out of the 7.2 amp.

Currently my amp feels quite warm running at 65 - 70 % volume at the end of Tron Legacy. Would adding these big speakers be asking too much of the amp?

Would you Bi-amp these speakers, or how would you recommend I set these up, so I dont overload amp and still get the most out of everything?

stezie,

Thanks for the post - yep 709`s all run warm so its important to be sure you have them well ventilated, but to be fair thats their normal M.O.

You can bi-amp the M6 no problem - I normally don't see the great benefit unless you are using a separate dedicated power amp tho` - they're not too difficult to drive from memory they are 6 ohm and about 91db in terms of efficiency ( apologies if I'm wrong / I'm not in the office still)

Keep me posted if you want to grab a pair- but don't delay as we only have a handful left.

Thanks again,

John mc

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Rai,

The m6 have a 2 year warranty form monitor audio as standard - as ever if you want to upgrade to the 5 year just add 10% however the warranty dies not cover blown drive units caused by Halloween parties...

I should have the centres in about a week or so..

Keep me posted

Atvb

John mc

John,
    i'm sure 2 years it's more than enough for the speakers , just curious as MA site gives 5 years warranty if sold via authorised dealer. I don't think you need to extend it.
    Many thanks

rai555 wrote: »

John,
    i'm sure 2 years it's more than enough for the speakers , just curious as MA site gives 5 years warranty if sold via authorised dealer. I don't think you need to extend it.
    Many thanks

rai,

You've got me thinking now - if I says 5 year warranty on the MA site then ATS what we will do no problem! To be fair to monitor audio I have NEVER found a better company when it comes to Honouring warranty issues.

Keep me posted,

John mc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Itsbigboss

Hi John,
    After careful weighing of the cost- performance - domestic acceptance- planning permission between the M4 & M6 I have reached a decision. I may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb...I'll take a pair of M6 if available delivered to Dublin please!!!
    Cheers!

Itsbigboss wrote: »
    Hi John,
    After careful weighing of the cost- performance - domestic acceptance- planning permission between the M4 & M6 I have reached a decision. I may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb...I'll take a pair of M6 if available delivered to Dublin please!!!
    Cheers!

Good timing!

Only 3 brand new pairs left before we are down to the demo pair!

If you drop me a PM with your contact details I'll get one of the guys to give you to get you sorted.

Thanks again sheep ;)

Atvb
    John mc

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnj1969

hi john,how much incl. delivery would a pair m6,m4 & the center when available ,be without sub in €s to dublin? and how much with sub? thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ik

Ik,

Thanks as ever,

John mc & crew

Hi John ,Thanks for reply,please put me for pair of M6,PM sent already.

Regards

IK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Devil,

unfortunately I dont have any of the matching bookshelf speakers - I will happily PM you a deal on the excellent BX2's but they will still be more expensive than the M4 / M6 which are better speakers!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

Wouldn't mind some of that action on the BX2's if you want to PM me a deal.

Would the BX2's work well with the M6's? The centre you mentioned earlier for £59, is that a match to the M6's (and again work with the BX2's)?

Might be interested in the M6's, centre and BX2's if you can do a deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 abuboy2

Hi John,

My M6's were delivered earlier today. Thanks to all at RicherSounds for the the usual excellent service and prompt delivery.
    Looking forward to setting them up later and taking them for a test drive.

Thanks again,

Abuboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

johnj1969 wrote: »
    hi john,how much incl. delivery would a pair m6,m4 & the center when available ,be without sub in €s to dublin? and how much with sub? thanks. :)

Hi there.

The system would be £385 including delivery.

We only have 1 pair of M6's left so if you were interested, I would need to get these held for you.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi there.

Could you forward me the PM that you sent previously.

Many thanks

Dave

Ik,

Thanks as ever,

John mc & crew

Hi John ,Thanks for reply,please put me for pair of M6,PM sent already.

Regards

IK

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ik

Hi there.

Could you forward me the PM that you sent previously.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave thanks,I contacted on phone my self and sorted out.

Thanks IK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Are there many of these left ?
    Would love them but need to wait till the 19th :(

Are there many of these left ?
    Would love them but need to wait till the 19th :(

Muppet,

always do our best to hold something for a regular - which are you interested in the M6 (really low on these) or the M4 (just quite low !!)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

I would love the M4's ... Or can wait if you're planning any bookshelf Speaker Clearout in the run up to Christmas :D

I would love the M4's ... Or can wait if you're planning any bookshelf Speaker Clearout in the run up to Christmas :D

MP - no problem holding you a pair of M4's over 'till the 20th or so - but you do know they are floorstanders??

If you want a pair reserved just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and real world name!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Any word on centers?

Kind regards

rai555 wrote: »
    Any word on centers?

Kind regards

Have not shipped yet - unfortunately it will be into next week now - as soon as they arrive I'll pop a post in this thread,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Hi there just a quick question Could I run the M4's off this Amp ?
    http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-4139-discontinued-rotel-ra921-amplifier.aspx

Or do I need something more powerful ?
    Thanks,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stocking

thanks lads
    the set of M4s has just arrived.
    excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 caff23

Guys,

M4's arrived during the week and I have to say a HUGE improvement over the Monitor Audio Vector V10s they replaced.

Let me know when the centres come. I'll definitely take one also.

Atb.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭A Law

Hey lads,
    Trying to get a home cinema system for a 50' Samsung but don't no much about them. Called into currys and places like dat but thought id try make a proper job of it if possible first. if there are some left of these should i buy the m4's, centre box and sub and then pick up 2 other speakers and a receiver somewhere? Wont be spending mad money but don't mind if i get a good deal like these seem.
    thanks in advance,
    Joe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hi John and crew, would the M4 run well with my Onyko TXSR-608 which I purchased off you previously, I have the Monitor Audio Radius HD 7.1 set for cinema but thinking of the M4 for just music. If you think there's little to be gained versus current setup (think music only) then just let me know.
    I think the M6 would be too big but if some left I'd appreciate your opinion on suitability of those also.
    Your's forever poorer!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Have not shipped yet - unfortunately it will be into next week now - as soon as they arrive I'll pop a post in this thread,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Think temptation has got the better of me so probably get you to hold one for me when they come in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnj1969

Thanks,
    Dave
    The Rotel would serve the m4s nicely,you may just have to use a fair bit of volume,although the m4s are fairly efficient @ 91db sensitivity. Unless you want it powerfully loud,they should work well together. .The smaller m1s/m2s which i don't think are on this particular boardie offer,are a lot less sensitive, at the rotels grade,so the m4s should be fine.:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

slave1 wrote: »
    Hi John and crew, would the M4 run well with my Onyko TXSR-608 which I purchased off you previously, I have the Monitor Audio Radius HD 7.1 set for cinema but thinking of the M4 for just music. If you think there's little to be gained versus current setup (think music only) then just let me know.
    I think the M6 would be too big but if some left I'd appreciate your opinion on suitability of those also.
    Your's forever poorer!!

Humpty Bumpy ;)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

johnj1969 wrote: »
    The Rotel would serve the m4s nicely,you may just have to use a fair bit of volume,although the m4s are fairly efficient @ 91db sensitivity. Unless you want it powerfully loud,they should work well together. .The smaller m1s/m2s which i don't think are on this particular boardie offer,are a lot less sensitive, at the rotels grade,so the m4s should be fine.:)

Thanks matey :D you've just given Richersounds a sale lol Now if they'd only reply to my emails !! :o

• Advertisement

Thanks,
    Dave

Hi killer.

Sorry for the really late reply.....we missed these posts somehow ! :(

The M4's would drive quite happily from that amplifier, no issues.

Rotel and MA are generally a pretty good match in terms of the type of sound that you get.

Keep us posted if you would like a pair as they are going fast.

Cheers

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.