If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MONITOR AUDIO FLOORSTANDER BOARDIE OFFER

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

a great deal is the SWV3506 5Mtr cable which we are discounting to £14.95 to clear the last few we have left - this is actually a really high quality Component cable but works equally well as a Sub cable and leave you with a high quality 5Mtr stereo phono cable left over as a spare! All at £14.95 - honestly you can't go wrong..

Have a look here: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/swv3506_10/swv3506_10_pss_aen.pdf

keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hey John I will take that deal. Will send a PM now with my number so if you get one of lads to call to arrange payment today.

Thanks!

PM sent to John.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

PM sent to John in relation to the Monitor Audio M4 floorstanding speakers offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Duffer.

Unfortunately the M4 speakers are now finished and we won't be getting any more in.

John will hopefully be in the office tomorrow, but just thought I would let you know this.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 36 _Eddie_

Hi Guys,

Do you have any of the center channel speakers left ?

Thanks,

Eddie

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

_Eddie_ wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Do you have any of the center channel speakers left ?

Thanks,

Eddie

Eddie,

Thx for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - yes we do have a few of the MCentres left - I'll still do them on a Boardie special at £59.95 / €74.99 !

Keep us posted if you would like to grab one - but honestly I wouldn't hang around as they won't last long..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Cheers to John, Dave and the Crew. Recieved my Sub today looks great :)

PM sent to John in reference to the M center and possibly a sub :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Hi lads, any current clearance on floorstanders?

Hi lads, any current clearance on floorstanders?

Cru - apologies for the delay - any idea what type of budget and I'll go digging for you??

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John,

PM sent.

Cheers,

Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Any boardie deals for centre speaker from Monitor Audio - maybe BX6 in wolnut vinyl?

Loki,

apologies for the late response!

We still have a very few of the Monitor Audio M Centre left that I can clear at £59.95 / €76.99 on a Boardie special
    http://www.monitoraudiousa.com/support/past-products/m-series/mcentre/

Alternatively if it's specifically a BX Monitor Audio that you are looking for (though the M Centre will match no problem ) we are currently doing the BX Centre at just £134.90...

http://www.richersounds.com/product/centre-speakers/monitor-audio/bronze-bx-centre/moni-audio-bx-cen-bk
    Apologies again for the delay and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thank You for replay, but M center is only in black and i am looking for walnut  to match the rest(also bought of you few months ago - too bad i didnt think about centre before) and the bx is a little to expensive - if it would be 150euro posted i could think about it otherwise i will have to wait a bit longer.

loki7777 wrote: »
    Thank You for replay, but M center is only in black and i am looking for walnut  to match the rest(also bought of you few months ago - too bad i didnt think about centre before) and the bx is a little to expensive - if it would be 150euro posted i could think about it otherwise i will have to wait a bit longer.
    Loki,

Thanks for the info!

I'm sending you a PM now..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

Replayed:) Just waiting for the answer:)

Replayed Just waiting for the answer
    Thanks Loki - will Pm you now!

ATVB,

John mc

Hi John, any replay on my PM? Thanks

Hi John, any replay on my PM? Thanks
    Loki,

apologies for the delay -I'm totally confused now after reading your PM and I'm not sure what (in total) you are looking for ( I possibly confused you by offering you too many options) If you drop me a line - here or via Pm with what you are looking for I'll get back asap..

Apologies again for the delayed response,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,
    Pm sended.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

Hi There Richer Sounds

Its been a while!! But my 2 phillips ambilights are still tip top!!!!:cool: its your own fault for selling me top gear that i dont need to replace it!!

About these M4 speakers....have you any left....are they good entry level speakers? would you have an amp that would go nicely with them..budget of say 4-500. all i want is something that sounds impressive for my everyday music listening. Would these plus a nice amp do the job??

xgtdec wrote: »
    Hi There Richer Sounds

Its been a while!! But my 2 phillips ambilights are still tip top!!!! its your own fault for selling me top gear that i dont need to replace it!!

About these M4 speakers....have you any left....are they good entry level speakers? would you have an amp that would go nicely with them..budget of say 4-500. all i want is something that sounds impressive for my everyday music listening. Would these plus a nice amp do the job??
    See - I told you all we sell good kit...

Xgtdec,

unfortunately all the M4's are long gone - would you look at other suggestions (ie do you finally trust me ;))

If you like I'll get you some good Floorstander/amp combos for around the 4/500 mark?

Keep me posted,

John Mc

See - I told you all we sell good kit...

Xgtdec,

unfortunately all the M4's are long gone - would you look at other suggestions (ie do you finally trust me )

If you like I'll get you some good Floorstander/amp combos for around the 4/500 mark?

Keep me posted,

John Mc
    Hi John

Im not sure if you remember at the time but there was a delay with the ambilights and we got free phillips clocks and usb charge kits. But with regards to the TV's...i STILL have people in my house complaining that HD on my 2 year old phillips looks better than on their new tv's...and theres me thinking that HD was HD no matter where ya went...shows what i know!!

Anyways back to the issue at hand.....at the moment im listening to a lot if internet radio..pandora to be specific. And im doing this on my Gaming computer and listening to it through my computers speakers...a set of creative t40's.

But this gaming computer etc is more than likely on the way out...cause i need the deskspace, so my idea is to use my laptop...run in it's output into an amp connected to some nice speakers, so internet radio through an amp and nice speakers is the name of the game. Speakers dont specifically have to be floorstanders!!....so thats the plan....any ideas or suggestions on acheiving this. Naturally im not as much as an audiophile that i need to feel like the bands in the room with me....but i dont want to feel like the speakers have several pairs of socks covering them either.......ya know what i mean??:D

More info needed?

Hi John

Im not sure if you remember at the time but there was a delay with the ambilights and we got free phillips clocks and usb charge kits. But with regards to the TV's...i STILL have people in my house complaining that HD on my 2 year old phillips looks better than on their new tv's...and theres me thinking that HD was HD no matter where ya went...shows what i know!!

Anyways back to the issue at hand.....at the moment im listening to a lot if internet radio..pandora to be specific. And im doing this on my Gaming computer and listening to it through my computers speakers...a set of creative t40's.

But this gaming computer etc is more than likely on the way out...cause i need the deskspace, so my idea is to use my laptop...run in it's output into an amp connected to some nice speakers, so internet radio through an amp and nice speakers is the name of the game. Speakers dont specifically have to be floorstanders!!....so thats the plan....any ideas or suggestions on acheiving this. Naturally im not as much as an audiophile that i need to feel like the bands in the room with me....but i dont want to feel like the speakers have several pairs of socks covering them either.......ya know what i mean??
    XGTdec,

really apologies for the delay - do you have a rough budget - if you steer me in a price range I promise to get straight back to you and again apologies for the delay!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

XGTdec,

really apologies for the delay - do you have a rough budget - if you steer me in a price range I promise to get straight back to you and again apologies for the delay!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    HI John

I'd say rough budget is about 350.....pooooossibly stretching to 450.
    Id that too little to expect some decent sounds from my laptop?

HI John

I'd say rough budget is about 350.....pooooossibly stretching to 450.
    Id that too little to expect some decent sounds from my laptop?
    No Not at all - you will get a decent system for that!

You could start with something like the Cambridge Audio Topaz AM1
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-audio/topaz-am1/camb-topaz-am1-blk
    showimage.php?image=306983.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260
    This is a really good starter amplifier for just £79.95!

You could add the matching Cambridge Audio S30 speakers at £129.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/cambridge-audio/s30/camb-s30
    showimage.php?image=303476.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

To give you a system total of £209.90 (lets call it £199.95)

If you wanted a step up solution I'd look at the AM5 which is a big step up in quality at £119.95 and add in the Monitor Audio BX1 at £179.95 - system total is £299.90 - again on a Boardie special with a decent 3.5 - 2 Phono interconnect and say 6 mtrs of decent speaker cable I can do that at just £259.95

showimage.php?image=308855.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260
    showimage.php?image=306984.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260
    Give me a shout if these are interesting or of course if I'm on the wrong track - then give me a swift kick and steer me in the correct direction :)

Thanks again,

John mc

No Not at all - you will get a decent system for that!

You could start with something like the Cambridge Audio Topaz AM1
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-audio/topaz-am1/camb-topaz-am1-blk

This is a really good starter amplifier for just £79.95!

You could add the matching Cambridge Audio S30 speakers at £129.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/cambridge-audio/s30/camb-s30

To give you a system total of £209.90 (lets call it £199.95)

If you wanted a step up solution I'd look at the AM5 which is a big step up in quality at £119.95 and add in the Monitor Audio BX1 at £179.95 - system total is £299.90 - again on a Boardie special with a decent 3.5 - 2 Phono interconnect and say 6 mtrs of decent speaker cable I can do that at just £259.95

Give me a shout if these are interesting or of course if I'm on the wrong track - then give me a swift kick and steer me in the correct direction

Thanks again,

John mc
    Thanks for all that john.....much obliged!!

I think the amp is a good fit for me....not overkill by any means but it will get the job done.

One question on the bx1's.....Is the sound from them great...and if it is great...how much greater is the sound from the bx2's for the extra 50 quid....or would my untrained ears notice the difference??

Thanks for all that john.....much obliged!!

I think the amp is a good fit for me....not overkill by any means but it will get the job done.

One question on the bx1's.....Is the sound from them great...and if it is great...how much greater is the sound from the bx2's for the extra 50 quid....or would my untrained ears notice the difference??
    Even untrained ears would hear the difference immediately! (as in INSTANTLY)!!!!!

I'll do the AM5 / BX2 combo including interconnect & speaker cable on a boardie price at just £299.95

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Even untrained ears would hear the difference immediately! (as in INSTANTLY)!!!!!

I'll do the AM5 / BX2 combo including interconnect & speaker cable on a boardie price at just £299.95

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc
    John, 

I think we are in business and im going to go for that, do i ring you..do you ring me..email, PM????

Also does the 3.5 - 2 Phono interconnect come in varying length?? reason i ask is that i have 3ft or so from laptop output to where the amp will be...or are they all short and a redecorate is in order:rolleyes:  

Also is the natural oak finish available?

Tis a lot of questions...but on the upside its a sale:D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.