Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoning in sick

Options
  • 24-10-2012 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

So I rang in sick to work today - I've been vomiting and have the runs and truly feel awful. My boss was grand about it - he's sound anyway.

I stayed in bed all morning and got up at 2ish. Still felt crap but I was dying for some coke to drink so I drove to the shop. On the way back my boss saw me - for def cos he waved at me.

I'm panicking now that I'm in trouble even though I really am sick!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

A trip to the pharmacy, nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

Nothing wrong with going to the shop when sick. Be worse if saw you buying the other 'coke', relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Thanks guys. Why do I automatically feel guilty? He's really sound so I'd hate him to think I was trying to pull a fast one. He's not in tomw so I won't see him til Friday.

Would it be stupid to rg him or txt him to explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Vomiting and the runs. Yet you thought Coca Cola would be a good thing to drink. Are you mental? Why didn't you get a kebab while you were at it?

Boss won't have a problem, just show him your cert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

You really shouldn't worry. When I've ever been out sick, I'm always out in my car, going to the doctor, chemist or shop for necessary goods. Just wait until you go back to work and say it to him. But, honestly, you're sick and think drinking coke is a good idea?!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

No cert - don't need one unless out more than two days and I'm hoping I'll be ok for tomw.

Flat coke always settles me when my stomach is upset :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Would it be stupid to rg him or txt him to explain?

Yes.

It looks like you were feeling guilty.

Leave it, and behave as thought you thought going to the pharmacy was a reasonable thing to do.

And if he does ask on Friday, tell him you were going for apple juice, not coke ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Peterg1

if you can explain to your boss tat s ok the more you worry you will be sick again tomorrow if your boss ok sure tat s fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Yes.

It looks like you were feeling guilty.

Leave it, and behave as thought you thought going to the pharmacy was a reasonable thing to do.

And if he does ask on Friday, tell him you were going for apple juice, not coke ffs!

Apple juice wouldn't help with the runs. Would make it worse.

Advertisement