Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor's Betting Log.

Options
  • 24-10-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭

Champions League - Ajax vs. Man City.

Ajax host Man City tonight at the Amsterdam Arena in an important match for both teams. Both sides have made poor starts to the group and badly need a win tonight if they are to have any hope of qualifying. Ajax have lost both of their opening Group D games, losing 1-0 away to Dortmund, and going down 4-2 to Real Madrid in Amsterdam. Man City have just a solitary point, having thrown away a late lead in the Bernabeu to lose 3-2, before a last minute penalty from Balotelli rescued an undeserved point against Dortmund.

Ajax have drawn their last 2 league matches, throwing away a 2 goal lead in the final 10 minutes to draw 3-3 with Heracles at the weekend. Ajax have only managed 2 wins in the Champions League since the start of 2011, with both wins coming against Dinamo Zagreb. Ajax have failed to score in 8 of their last 12 matches in European competition.

Man City have not been solid defensively at all this season and have only kept one clean sheet. Despite this, they are unbeaten in the league and have been grinding out results, coming from 1-0 down to beat West Brom 2-1 at the weekend, with Edin Dzeko getting 2 late goals. Maicon, Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell and David Silva have not travelled to Amsterdam due to varying injuries, but City still have plenty of quality within their ranks.

Ajax are poor at the back and I feel Man City's attacking threat will be the difference between the two sides tonight. Even without David Silva's creative flair, Man City should have enough to beat Ajax tonight. I actually fancy Man City to keep a clean sheet tonight. It is all or nothing for Man City tonight - if they do not win, they have very little chance of qualifying from the group.

€100 - Man City to beat Ajax @1.85. (Bet365)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Ajax 3-1 Man City.

Learned my lesson not to trust Man City in Europe. Ajax were excellent and fully deserved their win. City sat too deep and failed to keep the ball when it mattered. They were sloppy in possession and didn't cause much of a threat before going behind, and even then Ajax were fairly comfortable.

Onwards and upwards.

Premier League - Man City vs. Swansea.

Could be a mistake relying on a team who let me down on Wednesday night but Man City in the Premier League are a totally different proposition. Manchester City have lost none of their last 33 Premier League home games, winning 30. No team has prevented City from scoring in the Citizens’ last 35 Premier League games at the Etihad Stadium. Swansea have won just 1 and lost 5 of their last 7 Premier League away games.

Man City to beat Swansea @1.25.

--

La Liga - Rayo Vallecano vs. Barcelona.

Barcelona have won seven of their first eight games this season, only dropping points against Real Madrid. Barcelona have a 100% away record in La Liga this season, but have failed to keep a clean sheet on the road. Rayo Vallecano have only won 1 of their last 6 league games. Barcelona won this fixture 7-0 last season.

Barcelona to beat Rayo Vallecano @1.25.

--

La Liga - Mallorca vs. Real Madrid.

Mallorca have lost their last 3 La Liga matches. Real Madrid have won 3 of their last 4, only drawing to Barcelona. Real Madrid have won their last 3 league games against Mallorca, winning this fixture 2-1 last year. Real Madrid need to win to and keep pace with Barcelona, and even Atletico Madrid at this stage, in the hope that they will slip up.

Real Madrid to beat Mallorca @1.40.

--

€150 - All to win @2.19. (Paddy Power)

Man City 1-0 Swansea.

Rayo Vallecano 0-5 Barcelona.

Mallorca 0-5 Real Madrid.

Nice win to bring the log into profit for the first time and recover losses from the midweek Man City game.

Serie A - Inter Milan vs. Sampdoria.

3rd placed Inter Milan have won their last 5 Serie A matches. Newly promoted Sampdoria haven't won in 6, losing their last 4 in a row.

€100 - Inter Milan to win @1.53. (Bet365)

Inter Milan 3-2 Sampdoria.

Inter come from behind at half-time to win against 10 men.

• Advertisement

Premier League - Man United vs. Arsenal.

89% of Man United's league matches have gone over 2.5 goals. Only 33% of Arsenal's league matches have gone over 2.5 goals, however I don't think that is very important here. The two meeting between these two sides last season finished 8-2 and 2-1. Robin Van Persie is facing Arsenal for the first time since leaving them and is in excellent form.

€100 - Over 2.5 goals @1.62. (Ladbrokes)

Man United 2-1 Arsenal.

95th minute goal from Arsenal gives me my third winning bet in a row.

Profit: €193.50.

Champions League - Juventus vs. Nordsjaelland.

Nordsjaelland have only managed to score one goal in their first ever Champions League campaign. They drew 1-1 with Chelsea in Norway Denmark, but lost their first two games 2-0 and 4-0. Getting a point off Juventus was an excellent result for the Champions League newboys, but I can't see them troubling Juventus in Turin, especially with Juventus needing a win. Juventus have drawn all 3 of their group matches and need 3 points tonight if they want to qualify. Also, Buffon is class.

€100 - BTTS No @1.62. (Boyle Sports)
    €100 - Juventus to win to nil @1.91. (Blue Square)

Juventus 4-0 Nordsjaelland.

Profit: €284.50.

Premier League - Aston Villa vs. Man United.

United have won 8 of their last 9 Premier League matches, including wins against Arsenal and Chelsea recently. They are now top of the table. They face an Aston Villa side in serious trouble - they sit one place outside the relegation zone and have won just 2 matches all season, winning only 1 of their last 5 games. Van Persie is also banging in goals for fun once again.

€100 - Man United to win @1.53. (Paddy Power)

• Advertisement

Aston Villa 2-3 Man United.

Haha, great stuff.

Profit: €337.50.

Premier League - Chelsea vs. Liverpool.

Can't see Chelsea losing this one. I believe they will win but Liverpool always seem to play well against big teams, so I have gone with DNB to be safe.

Chelsea DNB @1.36.

--

La Liga - Mallorca vs. Barcelona.

I backed Real Madrid to beat Mallorca away two weeks ago and they won 5-0, so I have no hesitation doing the same here with Barcelona.

Barcelona to win @1.25.

--

La Liga - Getafe vs. Atletico Madrid.

Atletico have been sensational in La Liga so far. They are 2nd in the league and have only dropped 5 points all season, with their first defeat coming last weekend at the hands of Valencia. Atletico have won 100% of their home matches in La Liga this season. Also, Falcao is a beast.

Atletico Madrid to win @1.36.

--

€100 - All to win @2.31. (Paddy Power)

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool.

Mallorca 2-4 Barcelona.

Atletico Madrid 2-0 Getafe.

Glad I took the added security of DNB in the Chelsea match now.

Profit: €407.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭billybonds

Good stuff so far Conor, keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Some nice wins there m8

Champions League - Benfica vs. Celtic.

We've all heard of Celtic's amazing win against Barcelona and it would be great for them to go through, but I can see Benfica delaying Celtic's party for another couple of weeks. Benfica have won their last 5 games, keeping a solid 5 clean sheets in the progress. Benfica need a win tonight to have any hope of qualifying from the group. Celtic have been excellent in the Champions League so far, but the Estádio da Luz is a very tough place to go, with only Chelsea and Barcelona taking all 3 points there in the last couple of years. Should be a good game anyway.

Benfica to win @1.53.

--

Champions League - Nordsjaelland vs. Shakhtar Donetsk.

Shakhtar travel to Norway Denmark knowing a win could see them seal their qualification from the group tonight. Nordsjaelland are poor enough and have done well to get this far. Shakhtar Donetsk should have no problems winning this tonight if they go about things with the right attitude. Shakhtar. Nordsjaelland managed to get their first ever Champions League point at home to Juventus a month or so ago and they will be happy with that. There is the potential for an upset if Shakhtar are overconfident, but they are playing a full-strength team and I think they will want to secure qualification tonight.

Shakhtar Donetsk to win @1.30.

--

€100 - Both to win @1.99. (Paddy Power)

Benfica 2-1 Celtic.

Nordsjaelland 2-5 Shakthar Donetsk

Profit: €506.50.

Bundesliga - Bayern Munich vs. Hannover.

Bayern Munich sit 8 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga. They have won all but 1 of their home league games this season. Hannover have lost 3 of their 5 away league games this season. Hannover played in the Europa League on Thursday night so they 2.30PM Saturday kick-off does not give them much time to recover. Bayern Munich drew in the league last weekend so will be looking to bounce back with a win.

Bayern Munich to win @1.17.

--

Premier League - Man United vs. QPR.

Man United suffered a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Norwich last weekend and it's rare that United would fail to bounce back from such a defeat. With City playing Chelsea tomorrow, this is a good chance for United to get 3 points on the board. QPR have been hopeless, winning a grand total of 0 matches. However, they have sacked Mark Hughes and brought in Harry Redknapp. I would rather they hadn't changed manager before this match as you never know what type of effect that will have; however, I feel United will have too much quality regardless of who is in charge.

Man United to win @1.20.

--

Ligue 1 - PSG vs. Troyes.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns for PSG after his 2 game suspension which saw PSG failing to win both matches he missed. He really is crucial for PSG and he is a class above Ligue 1 defenders. PSG need to win tomorrow if they want to keep pace with Lyon and co. after going three games without a win. Newly promoted Troyes sit in 19th position with a meager 8 points. If PSG play with the right attitude, I can't see Troyes (who have lost all but 1 away game) getting anything here.

PSG to win @1.20.

--

€100 - All to win @1.69. (Paddy Power)

Bayern Munich 5-0 Hannover.

Man United 3-1 QPR.

PSG 4-0 Troyes.

Profit: €575.50.

Was busy earlier so did not have time to post this here. I did post it in the Football Tips thread though.

--

Chelsea vs. Man City.
    Under 1.5 first half goals @1.53.

Tottenham vs. West Ham.
    Under 1.5 West Ham goals @1.33.

€50 - Both to win @2.04. (Boyle Sports)

• Advertisement

Chelsea 0-0 Man City.

Tottenham 3-1 West Ham.

Profit: €627.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭da yung lad murt

Great bets lad your football knowledge is quite impressive ,keep it up

Posted here earlier. Was busy so forgot to put in here.

Aston Villa vs. Reading.
    €50 - BTTS No @2.10. (Boyle Sports)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Well done so far , TBH I would of went for BTTS yes in that match if i was too mug , thankfully I didn't . I started to follow this thread keep up the good work thanks.

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Posted here earlier. Was busy so forgot to put in here.

Aston Villa vs. Reading.
    €50 - BTTS No @2.10. (Boyle Sports)

Seeing as it is, strictly speaking, aftertiming.

c564f1540017ae27078bb69a3d06dab0.png?1354120324

Premier League - Wigan vs. Man City.

Man City have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 5 league matches. Wigan to tend to score in most matches; however, they have lost 3-0, 4-0, and 2-0 to Liverpool, Man United, and Chelsea respectively, so they do struggle against the better sides (yes, I am including Liverpool in this). I was going to take Man City to win to nil, as I do not think this will end 0-0, but Man City's last 2 away matches have ended 0-0.

€100 - BTTS No @2.00. (Boyle Sports)

Aston Villa 1-0 Reading.
    -
    Wigan 0-2 Man City.

Profit: €782.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

well done m8 some good choices being done there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Well done lad , looked at the bet and said to myself nah I reckon both will score I'm just an idiot ! Great picks and reasoning be nice to see you make the 1k mark soon keep it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭da yung lad murt

NBA
    Denver Nuggets @ LA Lakers
    Back Lakers 300euro @ 1.52

Advertisement