Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footwear Advice - Again!

Options
  • 24-10-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I know that this is a regular topic but I am looking for any recommendations for stockists that would be able to properly fit walking footwear.

I have had problems in past with Plantar Fasciiitis, treated via cortisone injections & physio. Problem seems to stem from I have a heavy heelstrike & mild pronation. Physio recommended gait assessment to ensure I got footwear to meet my needs. Was recommended a sports equipment supplier who were excellent, spent lots of time on gait assessment & trying different shoes & now have a pair which are very comfy.

Downside is, they are basically a pair of runners. My walking is typically trail walking (currently working my way along the Barrow Navigation) - not very demanding in terms of terrain but wet & mucky, especially at this time of year. I'm hating the cold wet feet when I wear the runners & they are getting destroyed into the bargain.

Went back to my Karrimor trail shoes for a couple of walks & am now developing Morton's Neuroma and soreness which I suspect is onset of Plantar Fasciitis in other foot.

I would therefore like to get fitted for a decent pair of trail shoes that will give my poor feet all the help they need. If anyone could recommend a footwear supplier who is able to offer this kind of service I (& my feet) would be very grateful. ;)

Advertisement