Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Subject

• 24-10-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey I'm thinking of changing my subjects from Philosophy to Celtic Civilisation.
    I'm struggling in Philosophy and I'm wondering what celtic civ is like.
    Anyone taking this module, how are the lecturers?
    Also a heads up on assignments due appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

pandaeyes wrote: »
    Hey I'm thinking of changing my subjects from Philosophy to Celtic Civilisation.
    I'm struggling in Philosophy and I'm wondering what celtic civ is like.
    Anyone taking this module, how are the lecturers?
    Also a heads up on assignments due appreciated.
    Stay where you are, Celtic civ is very difficult for the most part. People will disagree but it is hard to grasp and needs a lot of study. If you like history, then maybe. The lecturers for this are pretty decent but the tutor I had marked me way down on my exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I've just graduated with a 2.1 from Celtic Civ. A subject I never ever planned to do, and which is now what I want to do my masters in when I make it back to UCC with fee money :)

The key is to go to lectures and DO the reading. Go to tutorials, the tutors are brilliant (you're particularly blessed if yoiu get Gavin). Blackboard isn't worth a damn to you for a lot of it. It has keywords but lectures do go off on interesting tangents and they are what comes up in the exam.
    I'd suggest sitting in on a few lectures, or email one of the lecturers. All are really approachable, Catriona and Kevin are the fastest to reply to emails I think.
    PM me if you have any more questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I got a 2.1 in it too, still pretty hard though. Does Gavin ignore you too or is that just saved for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pandaeyes

Thanks a mil lilmiss, I have an interest in history, but didn't too well in school so many years ago. I've decided to go for it anyways and fingers crossed.

Advertisement