Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leeches

Options
  • 24-10-2012 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

The scorpion fish in my marine tank has a leech attached to his throat. I'm tempted to take him out and pull it off with a tweezers. Google says not to do this as the leech may have burrowed under the skin. Not sure if I should just leave it or what to do. Obviously going to be pretty stressful for the fish if I do pull it off. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Maybe a freshwater dip? I know it works for some parasites but I don't know about leeches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Maybe a freshwater dip? I know it works for some parasites but I don't know about leeches.

Sounds like a good one. I'll give it a try tomorrow for a few minutes tomorrow. Don't want to risk pulling it off as the wound will probably get infected. The leech is moving around and not getting any bigger. I was hoping that he would get full, fall off and get eaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Worked a treat, thanks. Soaked him for a minute or so still in the net and then sort of rubbed it off gently with a stick. One very ****ed of fish though.

Advertisement