Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Schalke 04. Emirates Stadium KO: 19:45 (Sky Sports 4 and Setanta Ireland)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Nice dive Gervinho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Christ we're poison tonight.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fixed. He keeps leaving the changes very late.

I've figured out that Gervinho is actually at his best whenever he is not touching the ball. He is able to move his body around the ball as it's moving well and much of his success comes from dummies where he doesn't touc the ball.

Yeah, i only just realised my error there :o

That was terrible from Gervinho there, ****ed up the break, redeemed himself only to throw himself down rather than try get the cross in. He hasn't a clue what to do with the ball when he gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

We're toothless! I never thought I'd say it but.......its chamakh time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Here come Giroud. While he's at it, bring in Kos and move Vermaelen to LB. Santos is stinking the place out.

Jesus.

That was a good goal.

0-1

Gutted. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭DenMan

Oh feck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Deserved tbh, we've been bollocks.

Mannone has to do a bit better though, that's right beside him.

• Advertisement

Does anyone else think that something has to have happened in the last while for the whole team to play so badly? Something involving a dead body and a lot of hangovers?

Bloody pathetic stuff.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nothing Mannone could do there imo. Be surprised if we get one back now either.

Better side are ahead, thats been coming. I cant even remember us having a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Feck sake. Vermaelen should have been there.

Shocking defending again reminiscent of last seasons old habits starting to creep in again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Full backs absolutely ****e in getting out there, played Huntelaar onside.

They're ****ing schooling us out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The steve bould effect lasted 3 games this season :P Kos and Mert are our best pairing, verm should play LB.

Sergio wrote: »
    Shocking defending again reminiscent of last seasons old habits starting to creep in again.

9 in a row without a clean sheet now, not sure if those habits were ever gone.

9 in a row without a clean sheet now, not sure if those habits were ever gone.

People were far too quick to latch on to that. Just as they are when we get a few bad results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Really dung again tonight. No bottle at all and there are too many poor players to name. We are going downhill rapidly.
    What is continually annoying is the fact that we still have nobody to put in a good cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

What the **** is Ramsey still doing on the pitch?

• Advertisement

Classy drag from Gnabry. Looks a good talent.

Skill from Gnabry :eek: Looking forward to him playing more in the first team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

farna_boy wrote: »
    What the **** is Ramsey still doing on the pitch?

If he was at United he would have been off ages ago.
    That is part of the problem in that there is nobody threatening these players for their places.

That was good from Gnabry, created our best chance against Norwich too.

I feel a spiral coming on.

Heartbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

That's all we deserve, toothless display.

Terrible from both Verm and Santos there, game over, absolutely shocking.

Oh boll*x it anyway.

Santos is no Eboue..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭DenMan

How ****e have we been tonight! :( Well done Schalke.

Have Arsenal had a shot in the second half?

Mind you, the "fans" leaving, should be not allowed come to another game this season. Hate that so much.

Really dung again tonight. No bottle at all and there are too many poor players to name. We are going downhill rapidly.
    What is continually annoying is the fact that we still have nobody to put in a good cross.

Couldnt agree more were fcukin shocking apart from one or two players. No bottle or heart at all.Im getting sick of supporting this team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mannone hasn't made a save all season. Not even joking he literally makes no saves, the 1st goal was straight at him.
    Mind you, the "fans" leaving, should be not allowed come to another game this season. Hate that so much.
    If I paid our ticket prices to watch that disgrace of a performance I wouldn't be happy either. 0 chances created in 3 hours of football, incredible.

Two question from that:

1. Why didn't Vermalen clear it?

2. Who is supposed to be playing in front of Santos? Considering most on here consider him to be the weak spot of the team, I haven't seen anyone else in front of him tracking back?

What an absolutely abject display. Embarrassing stuff, is this the response Wenger was talking about. Injuries are no excuse, this is Arsenal, they are a way of life. We're gonna finish a home Champions League game without a shot on target. Wengers decision not to replace van Persie is looking more and more ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Disgraceful toothless performance, two of the worst performances in a row I've seen. How Santos, Ramsey kept there places from Saturday and have not been taken off tonight is shocking, a blind man could see Santos should have been off at half time yet he plays the whole game

We managed to go longer than Dortmund without conceding. Gotta look at the positives! Oh and Gnabry is on, that's good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Oh dear

2. Who is supposed to be playing in front of Santos? Considering most on here consider him to be the weak spot of the team, I haven't seen anyone else in front of him tracking back?

I like Santos but he was very poor tonight giving **** all support to Podolski going forward. That said, Podolski wasn't doing as much as usual tonight and was looking as sleepy as the rest of the team.

Why shouldnt fans leave if there not happy. They ve paid good money to watch a game of football and weve been terrible again today so i wouldnt blame any supporter for leaving early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Carzola must be wondering what he has gotten himself into.only a matter of time before his head is turned if this continues

Really hope Wilshere and Diaby coming back will give us a boost, atleast Ramsey should be kept out of the team.

I like Santos but he was very poor tonight giving **** all support to Podolski going forward. That said, Podolski wasn't doing as much as usual tonight and was looking as sleepy as the rest of the team.

I noticed that tonight and on Saturday as well. Whatever about his defensive abilities, the one area that he is good at is attacking but it seems that he has been warned this season not to push on. I lost count tonight how many chances Santos was 1v1 with another player and I would be fairly confident he could have beaten him, but instead he played the ball backwards.

• Advertisement

In fairness, they're paying the most expensive prices in England. Are they getting their monies worth? Not a chance. I dont blame them for walking early. That was absolutely dire. Horrendous performance. QPR must fancy their chances at the weekend.

Oh and Gnabry is on, that's good!

Bizarrely, he was one of our best players. Terrible terrible display.

I noticed that tonight and on Saturday as well. Whatever about his defensive abilities, the one area that he is good at is attacking but it seems that he has been warned this season not to push on. I lost count tonight how many chances Santos was 1v1 with another player and I would be fairly confident he could have beaten him, but instead he played the ball backwards.

When he did play last season he was always very advanced. To be honest it's not as if he was much worse than the rest of the side, it's rare a player will be thrown into an underperforming side and pull them up.

Just realised we finished with Coquelin and Gnabry on. That can't be construed as a positive surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

And to think that some Arsenal fans said they could get by without Van Persie and Song.

• Advertisement
Advertisement