Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Schalke 04. Emirates Stadium KO: 19:45 (Sky Sports 4 and Setanta Ireland)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Bizarrely, he was one of our best players. Terrible terrible display.

I said after the Norwich game that I had serious fears for this game. We created nothing against Norwich a team who have been the whipping boys for the big clubs. We had one shot on target tonight in the 94th minute. In fairness not too many managers or coaching staff would get such an easy ride with those two performances. Questions will be asked at the meeting of shareholders tomorrow and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Early season optimism well and truly gone now. There's a dirty smell of familiarity about this season already.

Cheaping out on the keeper continues to cost us, we're poison on the flanks and Poldi is definitely carrying an injury. Gervinho I have absolutely no patience left for; he's a Fifa Street player and thats being kind.

Bit reactionary but **** it, you can't say these are new faults.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    And to think that some Arsenal fans said they could get by without Van Persie and Song.

How many of them switched teams at the start of this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its not like the warning signs havent been there. We're so easy to defend against its not true. Stop Santi, sit deep and push on the full backs. And we've no back up plan. Giroud was bought to maybe shake things up a bit but we dont play to his strengths. Early season promise is well gone, and soon enough we'll be out of the title race. Too many players are too comfortable in this team, no bottle and no desire.

I wont say anything about the manager for fear of being tagged as ungrateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

How many of them switched teams at the start of this season?

I don't know, I only recently moved here so I haven't got a clue who was wearing an Arsenal shirt last season and a PSG or Real shirt now :p

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I don't know, I only recently moved here so I haven't got a clue who was wearing an Arsenal shirt last season and a PSG or Real shirt now :p

I was talking about you quitting on one club and following a new one this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I was talking about you quitting on one club and following a new one this season.

In that case I haven't got a ****ing clue what you're on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Just back from the game.

Arsenal were, at best, very ordinary and second to most balls tonight.

Where are the leaders of men? This team is crying out for a Tony Adams, especially against well-drilled teams from countries like Germany.

In fairness, Schalke are an excellent side. They join Ajax, Dortmund, Shaktar Donetsk in spiking the myth of the greatest league in the world.

Hopefully it was just an off-night, but I have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

iMuse wrote: »
    Really hope Wilshere and Diaby coming back will give us a boost, atleast Ramsey should be kept out of the team.

Both of them were badly missed tonight. Diaby's drive would have helped.

Advertisement