Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European of the Year award goes to....

• 24-10-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

The praise for Taoiseach Enda Kenny abroad continues with the announcement that he will be
    getting an award in Berlin next month.

Kenny is being named the "Golden Victoria European of the Year 2012" on November 8.

It recognises Mr Kenny’s strong contribution to Europe and commitment to European ideals.

Previous recipients of the "European of the Year" award are Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk and European Commission President José Manuel Barroso.

He's taking the piss at this stage

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

dave1982 wrote: »
    He's taking the piss at this stage
    Hardly his fault, he didn't award it to himself:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

FFS Enda, pull your pants up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

pure fianna gaeler attitude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

Seems fair enough to me. He's propping up the European banks and saving them billions by bleeding his own countrymen. I'm surprised the Germans haven't made him an honorary Count yet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

btard wrote: »
    Seems fair enough to me. He's propping up the European banks and saving them billions by bleeding his own countrymen. I'm surprised the Germans haven't made him an honorary Count yet.

An honorary what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Another pat on the head for selling out his own country.I actually thought he might have a pair when he got into power but looks like Merkel has them in her handbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The rats be playin the pied piper, yo. the youg'uns be following him off the cliff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

btard wrote: »

I think an 'O' was included by mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

actually he probably did.
    No doubt his chirstian democrat circle rewarded one of their own for doing as he was ordered.
    He'll have us marching to the german anthem soon.

No doubt he'll get his 30 pieces of silver with a nice job in europe once he leaves office here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

He'll have sh*t odds for the Ballon D'Or now though I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

For doing nothing? For being cowardly? Cometh the hour, goneth the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

'Golden Victoria'? I think we got them last christmas instead of the tin of USA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Birroc wrote: »
    For doing nothing? For being cowardly? Cometh the hour, goneth the man.

For being a good boy and doing as he's told!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

I posted this in Politics..intresting hmm?

It is a German Magazine publisher's association prize apparantly........WE WANT THE GERMANS TO LIKE US LADS..

He is getting the prize in Berlin next month.....I want the Germans to like us lads....

The German Officials added
    'This award acknowledges the achievements not only of Enda Kenny but Ireland & the Irish people.'

'Ireland’s determined response to the current economic and financial crisis has been widely respected, particularly in view of the genuine hardship being experienced by many Irish people.

This award, however, also acknowledges the unique contribution which Ireland has made to the European project since its accession in 1973.

Despite being located at the Western edge of continent, the green island has always been at the heart of Europe.'

VDZ said Ireland’s economic advances in the last four decades were a sign of the potential that the European Union had to improve the status of its member states.

“In these difficult times, Europe benefits from the open, outward looking character of the Irish State and people and from the calibre of its Prime Minister, Enda Kenny.”

Last year the prize went to Kenny’s Polish counterpart, Donald Tusk. The previous year it was awarded to European Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso.

So erm....there you go......????

So this is the German media talking about Ireland?????

It is puzzling..but there may be a political reason which may become clear...the reason and wording to include...'The Irish people and Ireland'...etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

old hippy wrote: »
    An honorary what?

Honorary cúnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

In fairness, it could be worse.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

I posted this in Politics..intresting hmm?

It is a German Magazine publisher's association prize apparantly........WE WANT THE GERMANS TO LIKE US LADS..

You can want whatever you choose, personally I'm entirely ambivalent as to whether or not the Germans like us.

Advertisement