Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS 250 12 Problem

Options
  • 24-10-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭

Hi all had a problem with this system about 7 years old fault code came up low battery.

Replaced battery & on key pad display orange LED lights up also 'pd trouble low battery.'

I've left overnight to charge and with battery disconnected have voltage at the cables charging the battery.

The key pad never went completely blank although I did have to re enter the correct date. Would appreciate any suggestions will download the manual tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

pavb2 wrote: »
    Hi all had a problem with this system about 7 years old fault code came up low battery.

Replaced battery & on key pad display orange LED lights up also 'pd trouble low battery.'

I've left overnight to charge and with battery disconnected have voltage at the cables charging the battery.

The key pad never went completely blank although I did have to re enter the correct date. Would appreciate any suggestions will download the manual tomorrow.

PD low battery relates to a wire free sensor on the system. If you go into your user menu and then the logs it will show the sensor with the low battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭pavb2

Will print out manual but how do I get the cove off the PIR?

They are Interlogic a small cover comes off but no screws visible.

Changed all batteries in all sensors now getting fault codes

Pd low battery

RF Sen sup loss

RF Supv late

It was when I changed the living room one the last 2 fault codes came up.

I have the manual now.

I wonder if the living room sensor is faulty, I do have a sensor not being used. Can I swap this for the living room one. Do I need to program it or change dip switches?

Tried a few things but can't get rid of those error messages and system still not working.

Went back round all sensors and refitted new batteries.

Tried to go in to the menu and see which sensor is not responding but can't find it.

I can see a tamper code for the living room when I remove sensor cover but nothing for the fault codes in the event log.

Changed all batteries in all sensors now getting fault codes

Pd low battery

RF Sen sup loss

RF Supv late

It was when I changed the living room one the last 2 fault codes came up.

I have the manual now.

I wonder if the living room sensor is faulty, I do have a sensor not being used. Can I swap this for the living room one. Do I need to program it or change dip switches?

You would need the engineer code to enroll the new sensor on the system.

• Advertisement

Tried a few things but can't get rid of those error messages and system still not working.

Went back round all sensors and refitted new batteries.

Tried to go in to the menu and see which sensor is not responding but can't find it.

I can see a tamper code for the living room when I remove sensor cover but nothing for the fault codes in the event log.

If you go into the user walk test and test the sensors do they respond?

Thanks Altor other faults cleared but still got pd low battery fault on keypad.
    'hall' came up in in system log, changed battery again but did not clear.

Thanks Altor other faults cleared but still got pd low battery fault on keypad.
    'hall' came up in in system log, changed battery again but did not clear.

Open the detector and remove the battery. Place a small piece of cable between the plus and minus where the battery was. Then replace the battery.

Thanks to all who replied I'll put this up just in case anyone has a similar problem.

So I assumed 'pd low battery' meant low battery as in passive detector. After changing all the batteries I still had the same fault. I went through the diagnostics, event log, user log, system log over and over and no where did it tell me where the low battery was.

Then I realised I had front door and back door contacts, bear in mind this is a wireless system.

Removed battery from front door went to about half a dozen electrical wholesalers, chemists etc no luck ended up ordering from Radionics.

Fitted back door battery obviously the last battery on the system to be changed and problem cleared.

Tested the tamper on the back door and it came up as a fault Back door tamper proving the zone was correctly identified. Strange though I had also tried to inhibit each zone one by one to try and isolate the fault and the back door one didn't come up.

So life would have been a lot easier if the system could have told me which battery was low and I hadn't assumed PD referred to a passsive detector.

Anyhow all batteries now changed.

Total cost about €85, a few more grey hairs and momentary spikes in blood pressure.

Not having to listen to OH say 'I told you to get someone in who knows what they're doing' - Priceless

Thanks to all who replied I'll put this up just in case anyone has a similar problem.

So I assumed 'pd low battery' meant low battery as in passive detector. After changing all the batteries I still had the same fault. I went through the diagnostics, event log, user log, system log over and over and no where did it tell me where the low battery was.

Then I realised I had front door and back door contacts, bear in mind this is a wireless system.

Removed battery from front door went to about half a dozen electrical wholesalers, chemists etc no luck ended up ordering from Radionics.

Fitted back door battery obviously the last battery on the system to be changed and problem cleared.

Tested the tamper on the back door and it came up as a fault Back door tamper proving the zone was correctly identified. Strange though I had also tried to inhibit each zone one by one to try and isolate the fault and the back door one didn't come up.

So life would have been a lot easier if the system could have told me which battery was low and I hadn't assumed PD referred to a passsive detector.

Anyhow all batteries now changed.

Total cost about €85, a few more grey hairs and momentary spikes in blood pressure.

Not having to listen to OH say 'I told you to get someone in who knows what they're doing' - Priceless

Good to see you got it all sorted pavb2.
    The system will tell you the zone with the low battery in the logs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement