Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop Scratchdisc

Options
  • 24-10-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

My computer keeps coming up with a message in Photoshop CS3 that the scratch disc is full, and I cannot do anything with it. I have tried clearing space on the harddrive but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Can anyone explain in simple terms what the scratch disc is, and how I can clear some stuff off it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I have mine set to a 3TB drive

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭kig

I have reset mine to an external hard drive now, will that fix the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

As long as you have the hard drive plugged in everytime you use it!

I'm guessing you were handling very large file sizes?

Yes I'm doing animations, thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Unless you're using USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt, an external drive is rather slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lynch.ie

Torqay wrote: »
    Unless you're using USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt, an external drive is rather slow.

Just buy yourself an internal Sata drive, install it and set that as your scratch disk. As above the transfare speeds over usb would slow you down. :pac:

Thanks 'Lynch',
    How easy is it to install the internal Sata drive? My computer hardware knowledge is limited. I have a Dell computer, can I swop the harddrives or would this be an additional harddrive?

Advertisement