Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB & Bord Gais

Options
  • 24-10-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Just a query in relation to deposits for ESB and Bord Gais for new customers who are renting. I've searched on boards and there seems to be some conflicting information.

We are moving to a new house , renting, we contacted ESB and Bord Gais to switch the bills over to our names . We are paying by direct debit. We have been asked to pay a €300 deposit for ESB and a €200 deposit for Bord Gais.

Is a deposit still required for these utilities even if we are paying by direct debit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Mrmoe,

I have been given authorisation by the moderator of this forum to offer assistance with regards to your Electric Ireland query.

A new customer who is paying by direct debit does not need to pay a security deposit. If however you have received an automated billing for a security deposit, it is more than likely because of a cross-over while the direct debit details were processing.

If you wish, I can investigate further - I would require a private message from you with your Electric Ireland account number, the name/address in full as they appear on your account, and either the contact telephone number on your account or your date of birth.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement