Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile lost/stolen. What am I entitled to?

• 24-10-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Today I was unfortunate enough to have my f***ing phone stolen on me. I think I was about a year into my contract??

As soon as I realised it was gone, I telephoned my provider and had it cancelled straight away.

When I got this phone(which is a Samsung Galaxy Ace), I got a Gold upgrade from 02 and switched over to Meteor - :D.

Am I entitled to a different phone when I go up to my local store, or will I have to settle for the exact same phone(replacement)? i am thinking of going for a much slimmer phone - I found the Galaxy Ace a bit too fat/bulky.

Also, is it a difficult process to claim under Lifeline Insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Got the Sony Ericsson Xperia U.

Friend of mine has just said that he thinks the battery life on this phone is crap......? Is he right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Was that through insurance?

Was that through insurance?

No. Insurance is a pointless waste of time and paper.

Ok. Your battery life depends on how much you use it. If your going to have Wifi off and data off and screen brightness down your might get a few days out of it. Mediocre users would get probably a day

Ok. Your battery life depends on how much you use it. If your going to have Wifi off and data off and screen brightness down your might get a few days out of it. Mediocre users would get probably a day

I used to get about a day and a half out of the Galaxy Ace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭nedd

Not really related to your scenario but, I had insurance with Carphone warehouse and my phone was stolen/lost. went in to Carphone Warehouse and had a new phone within 3 days. It was expensive every month for the insurance but it worked.

I have since cancelled the monthly insurance and added my mobile as an added extra on my home insurance, it is covered for Damage/theft with an excess of €35. Only cost me €6 for the year :-)

How did you get a new different phone if you didn't have insurance? Did you just buy it yourself?

nedd wrote: »
    Not really related to your scenario but, I had insurance with Carphone warehouse and my phone was stolen/lost. went in to Carphone Warehouse and had a new phone within 3 days. It was expensive every month for the insurance but it worked.

I have since cancelled the monthly insurance and added my mobile as an added extra on my home insurance, it is covered for Damage/theft with an excess of €35. Only cost me €6 for the year :-)

How did you get a new different phone if you didn't have insurance? Did you just buy it yourself?

I bought the phone myself. I have insurance. I just didn't bother to claim, cos it would've taken too long to get a new phone, and there is no evidence(such as CCTV)because the camera where I work is being repaired atm.

I cannot be without a phone as I am a disabled person. I need it when I'm driving in case I get caught in an accident etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭nedd

I bought the phone myself. I have insurance. I just didn't bother to claim, cos it would've taken too long to get a new phone, and there is no evidence(such as CCTV)because the camera where I work is being repaired atm.

I cannot be without a phone as I am a disabled person. I need it when I'm driving in case I get caught in an accident etc.

ah fair enough. I didn't need evidence when I claimed. I did need to get something signed by the garda though.

Is there a dedicated Sony Xperia thread on here? This phone is NOT what I expected.

With the Xperia U phone, is there a way to save your contacts DIRECTLY onto the SIM? I'll be entering them from scratch.

• Advertisement

Went back up to the store where I bought the phone today. Told sales person that I didn't think that this phone was for me.....?

Not allowed to change it - am now lumbered with a phone I don't like for the rest of my contract:mad:

Went back up to the store where I bought the phone today. Told sales person that I didn't think that this phone was for me.....?

Not allowed to change it - am now lumbered with a phone I don't like for the rest of my contract:mad:

Well it would be like going buying a brand new car and a couple of days later bring it back because you don't like it.

Why do you need to save them to the SIM card.use Google email or Hotmail to back them up to your account. Their never gonna go missing that way

Advertisement