Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Problem

Options
  • 24-10-2012 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have eircom broadband and am having huge problems with speed and the signal dropping (as I write its dropping every 5mins!).

We have contact eircom and had a tech on site today who couldnt work out what was wrong.

I'm beginning to wonder if the modem is being impacted by power quality. I see in the US there is a lot of reference to "power conditioners" (not just surge protectors). Could a modem dropping speed or frequently dropping out and coming back in be caused by poor power quality feeding the modem? If so, are there power conditioners available in Ireland that can be used to clean power supply to modems.

Thanks,

Lorcan O'Toole
    Kilkenny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

lotie wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have eircom broadband and am having huge problems with speed and the signal dropping (as I write its dropping every 5mins!).

We have contact eircom and had a tech on site today who couldnt work out what was wrong.

I'm beginning to wonder if the modem is being impacted by power quality. I see in the US there is a lot of reference to "power conditioners" (not just surge protectors). Could a modem dropping speed or frequently dropping out and coming back in be caused by poor power quality feeding the modem? If so, are there power conditioners available in Ireland that can be used to clean power supply to modems.

Thanks,

Lorcan O'Toole
    Kilkenny

Hi Lorcan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Can you PM me with your telephone number and I will run some checks on the connection.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement