Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GWP x hungarian vizsla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Grand shine on his coat
    My girl is great with my little girl aswell

She's also quite fond of the couch aswell but she knows not to now ( only if I'm at home as the Missus don't like her)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

two great looking dogs there. keep us posted on their progress.

a few pics from yesterday
    done some retrieving work first and going well. moved into a field and seen a cock pheasant at far end of field . he ran and sat down so i thought itd be perfect foe her to sniff him out and set
    as we walked down he seen us and ran but didnt stop her sniffing were he was
    if you look to the left of the photo you can see where he was sitting down and she mustve assumed he was there as she held this point for about 15 seconds until she smelled something else (him again in deeper into ditch)
    966982F6_zpscf3b5de9.jpg
    8CB40894_zpsfe16a1f7.jpg

and here meeting the locals for first time
    5D8AFC1E_zps37ef8422.jpg

very happy so far just wish more birds were around for her to work on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

a few pics from yesterday
    done some retrieving work first and going well. moved into a field and seen a cock pheasant at far end of field . he ran and sat down so i thought itd be perfect foe her to sniff him out and set
    as we walked down he seen us and ran but didnt stop her sniffing were he was
    if you look to the left of the photo you can see where he was sitting down and she mustve assumed he was there as she held this point for about 15 seconds until she smelled something else (him again in deeper into ditch)
    966982F6_zpscf3b5de9.jpg
    8CB40894_zpsfe16a1f7.jpg

and here meeting the locals for first time
    5D8AFC1E_zps37ef8422.jpg

very happy so far just wish more birds were around for her to work on

Don't panic plenty of birds about,scent a bit week this time of year due to breeding and nesting plenty of time

Well took him out today and he retrieved off water for me:D he is retrieving from land and water back to hand and quartering nicely. Saw a cock go into a ditch today and brought him up, showed some interest where he went in, have some videos and tried to download them but it would not allow me,kept telling me a security code was missing and to contact administrators:confused:

Have u an iPhone?
    I upload mine on YouTube then?
    Seems we have water dogs as mine loves the water
    Good to hear yours doing good
    My bitch was barking like mad this Morning at the ferrets so when I went out the Jill was just after having 9 kits so she knew something wasn't right :)
    And she's always playing with the ferrets she knows not to get too excited or she'll be bitten

Have u an iPhone?
    I upload mine on YouTube then?
    Seems we have water dogs as mine loves the water
    Good to hear yours doing good
    My bitch was barking like mad this Morning at the ferrets so when I went out the Jill was just after having 9 kits so she knew something wasn't right :)
    And she's always playing with the ferrets she knows not to get too excited or she'll be bitten

Good they have lovely temperaments, I have I phone will try and upload Videos Thanks
    DH1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭corco2000

Thanks for update Deerhunter. And I was sure you(or grandkids) were to make a 'pet' of him!! Sounds like he is doing well.

corco2000 wrote: »
    Thanks for update Deerhunter. And I was sure you(or grandkids) were to make a 'pet' of him!! Sounds like he is doing well.

Ya settled in well, had he his vaccinations?,is he due a booster,bringing him to vet to get micro chipped so could get injections too if needed
    Regards
    DH1

Good they have lovely temperaments, I have I phone will try and upload Videos Thanks
    DH1
    Well here he is,Moose(don't ask:D) first video I saw a cock in the corner an hour earlier when driving by,brought the pup up,went straight to the spot,the second one his first retrieve from water. Happy days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-JenY58iezc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Agh7U-mpRvs

Well here he is,Moose(don't ask:D) first video I saw a cock in the corner an hour earlier when driving by,brought the pup up,went straight to the spot,the second one his first retrieve from water. Happy days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-JenY58iezc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Agh7U-mpRvs

here is another one of him in the field which for some reason did not upload yesterday,moves nicely
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd6zUxSim1g

here she is having a drink with her two best buds
    7DC09750_zpsdb1eaff3.jpg

sunflower oil and eggs is doing great on her coat

Well months on and she is working well
    Here's a bit of water retrieving. Loves the water and in this weather she's loving it.

http://youtu.be/YzVmuereOJw

Well months on and she is working well
    Here's a bit of water retrieving. Loves the water and in this weather she's loving it.

http://youtu.be/YzVmuereOJw

Well my one (moose:o) is doing well,had problems with his eyes being full of Puss every morning,brought him to vet got him micro-chipped and checked his eyes,got and anti-biotic did not really work,brought him to the veterinary eye surgeon last Monday,had to operate that day on both eyes,would have gone blind if surgery was not performed. His lower eyelashes were in grown,had to do an incision under both eyes remove a layer of skin and then stitch the eyes back so that the lower eyelashes were rolled back out from the inside,he is fine now you can now see his lovely amber eyes,he must have been suffering all along:(
    Lovely temperament,will post another video soon as he is well to go out,next monday a review in the vets

Jesus sound rough mate
    Glad to hear he's doing well now.

Jesus sound rough mate
    Glad to hear he's doing well now.

He is but not my pocket:rolleyes:500euro:eek:

Ah be worth it come pheasant season

Last night I took Heidi out for her first experience with the shotgun and it couldn't of gone any better. Me nerves were at me obviously but went up to hunting grounds.
    Started out with my mate at 75 yards and I let her sniff around on the lead and shot went off she just looked and carried on walking. Closer and closer and she done the same till I was right beside him and she again wasn't phased by it.
    Delighted with her.

Last night I took Heidi out for her first experience with the shotgun and it couldn't of gone any better. Me nerves were at me obviously but went up to hunting grounds.
    Started out with my mate at 75 yards and I let her sniff around on the lead and shot went off she just looked and carried on walking. Closer and closer and she done the same till I was right beside him and she again wasn't phased by it.
    Delighted with her.

Nice one I have been using the dummy launcher with .22 blanks for the last few weeks, I let him run ahead with the springer and bang off a few shots, seems to be working

Here he is now this week,turned out a fine dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

Hi lads was just reading up, just got a gwp x hv hope to get the same results as ye did, rockey is 12 weeks old, what are they like with kids?

pm. wrote: »
    Hi lads was just reading up, just got a gwp x hv hope to get the same results as ye did, rockey is 12 weeks old, what are they like with kids?

Brilliant absolutely with kids, my grandson adores him and visa versa, great temperment
    good luck

Brilliant absolutely with kids, my grandson adores him and visa versa, great temperment
    good luck

Great to hear thanks, just a few nights of howling but will be worth it :) cant wait to bring him into some fields to see if he trails over the next few months

pm. wrote: »
    Great to hear thanks, just a few nights of howling but will be worth it :) cant wait to bring him into some fields to see if he trails over the next few months

Oohh they can bloody howl alright, they love and thrive on company, so have him around you as often as possible, praise him and pat him and above all be patient, you will get rewarded

Will do cheers buddy, I will post some more pics in the week to come

just thought I would put these up to show him now,one of the finest, lovable, gentlest dogs I have owned, great pointer/hunter waterfowl dog and fishing companion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Not only a striking dog but nice pictures to boot.

just thought I would put these up to show him now,one of the finest, lovable, gentlest dogs I have owned, great pointer/hunter waterfowl dog and fishing companion

He's gorgeous. So much like the female I got. Great dog. Unfortunately I had to pass her off. Circumstances changed and I had no other choice.
    Afaik she's in a good home now. Not a hunting home but a good home non the less.
    What's he like to hunt? Mine was a demon for bursting through heavy cover and pointed but not a great retriever.

He's gorgeous. So much like the female I got. Great dog. Unfortunately I had to pass her off. Circumstances changed and I had no other choice.
    Afaik she's in a good home now. Not a hunting home but a good home non the less.
    What's he like to hunt? Mine was a demon for bursting through heavy cover and pointed but not a great retriever.
    He turned out a great hunter/retriever and great temperament, top retriever on land and water, a bit hardmouthed, some dog on point, if in heavy cover she will give a little bark when on a pheasant, if you drop a bird in heavy cover he would take it up by the roots getting in there. A lovable dog that has not lost his puppynes, lunatic that thrives on company, I take him fishing as well, sorry to hear you had to part with yours, I will put up a video clip of him hunting when I root it out,
    Regards
    Liam Slattery

He turned out a great hunter/retriever and great temperament, top retriever on land and water, a bit hardmouthed, some dog on point, if in heavy cover she will give a little bark when on a pheasant, if you drop a bird in heavy cover he would take it up by the roots getting in there. A lovable dog that has not lost his puppynes, lunatic that thrives on company, I take him fishing as well, sorry to hear you had to part with yours, I will put up a video clip of him hunting when I root it out,
    Regards
    Liam Slattery

Yeah do. I will keep an eye out for the videos and best of luck with upcoming seasons brother.
    Great to hear someone else had a pup from same lineage as mine.
    He's a credit to you.
    All the best.
    DA