Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Descrimination against "business Industry"

Options
  • 24-10-2012 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    Looking to open a new business and have been denied a grant from the city enterprise board
    REASON: Unless your importing or exporting, you are not entitled to funding.

Is there such thing as being discriminative against an industry to avoid issuing Funding?

All feedback welcome
    RA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I expect you meant manufacturing or exporting, importing never qualified for any grant supports no matter whether the companies were multinationals, large domestic, SMEs or micro enterprises. Nor did services delivered in the Irish market. The reason for this is that they do not add economic value for the economy, only for the promoter! The supply/demand for the offering will decide it's viability otherwise grants only serve to distort the market against the ungrantaided existing players.

You should have been advised by the CEB at the outset of the qualifying
    activities and never have been put through the arduous application procedure.

The only thing I know that is available to this type of operation are the two enterprise allowance schemes BTWA and the shorter term New Enterprise Allowance Scheme both based on the job seeker allowance rates.

Cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

City enterprise boards take each application on a case by case basis, you dont have to be exclusively manufacturing or industrial with a view to exporting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Kilburn is quite right, I should have mentioned product development, general tech innovation and internationally traded services.
    Cheers

Peter

Advertisement